Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:detecting: Anyone use the 15inch Coiltek WOT on a :minelab: Etrac on a salt beach? Or should I outfit it with the stock coil? I will be in the w

khouse

I get to Florida every 4 years or so. Last time I took my BHID and did ok. This time I'll use my Etrac and probably concentrate on the wet sands at low tide. I may take something lighter in weight for the dry sand? I have the 15 inch WOT and wanted to see if the extra coverage vs stability would be of benefit to me? I wouldn't mind meeting up with some local beach hunters if your interested? Always interested in learning more about beach hunting. I should be able to hunt off and on from Aug 8 - 10 or so. I usually hit the beaches about 7pm and hunt through the night. I'm not much for hunting around swimmers unless with a hunting partner.

The WOT is a good choice for wet sand hunting. I had a very hard time finding my targets in the water with a WOT. That sucker is big to pinpoint with.

Thanks. The last time the waves beat the crap out of me so I hunted the wet and dry sand. There is so much area to cover that I was hoping the WOT would do the job.

I use it on my GT. Ups. It has depth and you can cover some ground.

Downs. It is huge, and heavy. So it can't fit in the rocks, but you can still hunt them. It also misses small fine gold, although I doubt it misses much more then the GT stock coil.
It also runs a little noisy. You gotta get used to that.

If you do choose to get one. Do yourself a big favor. Get yourself what is called the "hipstick". Google it. For 20 bucks and a quick trip to a hardware store you can make your own. I think it is a must if your gonna use the wot on wet or dry sand for any length of time. I didn't use it and my right wrist gave out. I now hunt left handed...and use my self made hipstick.

Only time you don't need it is in the water.

joeb1999

I just picked 2 of them to use on our Sov GT's. Did you use the washer that came on the coil? I'm having a hard time getting it on,

I can't remember if it was the washer that came with it, or the washer from the stock coil. Put it on like 4 mo ago. But, it only took a minute to do. I think home depot should carry all sorts of plastic stuff that you might be able to use.

I just checked my stuff, and the stock gt coil is without its washer, so I am gonna go an say that I used the washer that was used for the 10" coil. Gonna go check your other thread.

SurfPro said:
joeb1999

I just picked 2 of them to use on our Sov GT's. Did you use the washer that came on the coil? I'm having a hard time getting it on,

I got the washers on using a little marine grease. Went out with the WOT's yesterday, WOW!!!