Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting For Bottles

GoVidGo

I was hunting an old wooded area and along the creek this morning before I hit the old house. In the valley, was a lot of broken pottery, old rusted junk, broken glass, old mason jar lids, pieces of coal, and pieces of brass & iron.

As I was detecting, I was moving the leaves around with my foot and coil and found a lot of bottles. Many were broken, cracked, or in pieces, but I found many that were still intact. It was interesting because I was not only looking and listening for signals on my Etrac, but was also looking for bottles peeking out of the ground.

I found some of clear, brown, and blue glass bottles. Some ornate and some plain. Some with a screw top and some with a cork top. Some with dates (an 1867 on the bottom of one). Some with medical writing. Some with Ml measurements. Some with 'Union made' or other writing, etc etc etc...

Here's a pic of the bottles I found. I cleaned them up a bit. I know they are not metal, but I did find them metal detecting.

Do they count as finds?

Sure they count, eyeball finds! Those cleaned up nicely, if I see broken bottles I also look for the complete ones, some can be valuable.

I love that "stopper" bottle in the back right. Could be a whisky bottle. If it has any maker or mfg marks on it it could be more valuable. Nice finds. billium