Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

detecting Galveston with an MXSport any tips

What type of hunting are you doing? I've been using two tone, iron volume low, modulation on in thick nails with heavy can slaw. Listen to the audio then double check with the tid when you hear something good as the numbers are fairly accurate. Even when just coin hunting in a park I find myself using the two tone more often than not with the mxs. I just notch out anything that's not a coin and use the reject volume so I can still hear hits that might be rings or jewelry but don't get overwhelmed by them in heavy trash. HH!

Expect some heavy iron on the beaches of Galveston, lived and detected there. I think from all the storms trash has been buried there. I was there to work when hurricane Ike went thru there

On many beaches, soft spot in the sand will fill with more salt water compared to the surrounding sand. With all single frequency models, these soft sand salt water pockets like to respond like a metal target. However, when you go to the pinpoint mode, the signal becomes very large / wide, and very soft sounding, nothing like a real metal target. Huge, wide / soft pinpoints, ignore and move on. That will save you a lot of time and frustration!

Howard

Steve Howard said:
On many beaches, soft spot in the sand will fill with more salt water compared to the surrounding sand. With all single frequency models, these soft sand salt water pockets like to respond like a metal target. However, when you go to the pinpoint mode, the signal becomes very large / wide, and very soft sounding, nothing like a real metal target. Huge, wide / soft pinpoints, ignore and move on. That will save you a lot of time and frustration!

Howard

How would the 950 concentric coil do in this same area ? ?. . . . . . anyone tried a 950 concentric on the MX Sport on a wet salt beach.?

Many do prefer the 9.5 concentric search coil on the MX Sport for East Coast USA salt beaches. West coast USA high mineral black sand, the "DD" loops tend to work better.

Howard

Use dd coil ther, thats a nasty beach! But you can find a lot of stuff ther tho

I think no so well :)