Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting Gold

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
planning on going to Victorian Goldfields in the next 3 weeks for a prospect.
I want to try my GTAX 1000 out with 10x 14 coil .
Now where would Gold appear on the Target Scale on the garretts,what number range should i look for?
What would best mode to use be AllMetal,or other ,please advise how much Sensitivity do i use & threshold? & what tone does a gold nuggett make low, med high?
Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Cheers Freddy

Personally I live in coal nugget country but if I lived in gold nugget country would buy a gold nugget detector as thats what they are made for and its hard work..With different size nuggets and impurities attached had to tell where they would appear. Perhaps some avid gold nugget hunters can add some help. I would think your unit would pick up a larger nugget but forget about smaller ones and most are small...Surely no discrimination would be the way to go and good luck in your ventures...

You would use all metal and ground balance it properly. Use sensitivity as ground conditions permit. This detector is not designed as a nuggetshooter. You might be able to pick up larger nuggets but most are small. Good luck.
Bill

Hey Dan where at in Coal nugget country?we sure would have it made if coal nuggets were worth something.I live in the Irwin area.
Ken