Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting Item Give away

MarkCZ

I hope I'm not out of bounds my putting this in this section, but here goes.

In the Detecting Classifieds (currently) on this forum a few people have gotten into listing up detecting items for free! I've seen this work very well on other none metal detecting forums. On those like here anybody could (can) give away anything at any time, but once a year the members looked forward to the yearly give away "Event".

The idea is to go though their stuff, find some things that are still usable but they gotten two or three of them, or upgrade to something better and list it on the forum.
Some people given the items away may even pay for the shipping, but that can be listed either way.

The idea is in offering this stuff up for free is for people that are going to us it, or at lest pass it on to someone who will. Its not being done for people to just grab the stuff and stick it on ebay! if something comes up and you want it or need it, then grab it!

Its concept is really to show that the people in this hobby and the members on the forum are generous, caring, and like to help others and not the kind of people that are always looking to scam somebody.

If it takes off and does well I thought it could be called something like "The Month Of May Item Give-Away".
No, its not a scam.
Its just something different,
It can be fun, interesting, helpful and can even clean out and make some room in our closets for NEW STUFF!

Stop by and see if something comes up you would like to have.

Mark

I will second what MarkCZ is stating in his post to the fact it isn't a scam. When we make these posts and you think to yourself "this is too good to be true" this is the one place you better believe it is true. I have done this myself.(actually got the idea from MarkCZ) Usually small items that only cost a few bucks for shipping I pay for. But if it is something that will cost around the neighborhood of $10 or more to ship, then I would ask for the person to pay for shipping. (My thought is this: if the person has to pay for shipping... you can agree to pay AFTER you receive the product to insure you aren't getting ripped off) The person can pay through paypal, money order etc) I think this is a great idea as I have made friends, cleaned some detecting related stuff out of my closet that I wasn't using, and gave it away to someone that needed it. Like Mark mentioned this isn't for that person to turn around and sell it on an auction site or local online ads. It's fun - find something metal detecting related that you don't use anymore, post it for free in the detecting classifieds and set your shipping stipulations. Happy Hunting - Jim aka EPL

To give you an idea of how we carry this out, read these two posts of things we ( MarkCZ & myself = earthlypotluck) have given away. Have a blast in giving it away for free!

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?65,1712853

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?65,1709810

MarkCZ said:
I hope I'm not out of bounds my putting this in this section, but here goes.

In the Detecting Classifieds (currently) on this forum a few people have gotten into listing up detecting items for free! I've seen this work very well on other none metal detecting forums. On those like here anybody could (can) give away anything at any time, but once a year the members looked forward to the yearly give away "Event".

The idea is to go though their stuff, find some things that are still usable but they gotten two or three of them, or upgrade to something better and list it on the forum.
Some people given the items away may even pay for the shipping, but that can be listed either way.

The idea is in offering this stuff up for free is for people that are going to us it, or at lest pass it on to someone who will. Its not being done for people to just grab the stuff and stick it on ebay! if something comes up and you want it or need it, then grab it!

Its concept is really to show that the people in this hobby and the members on the forum are generous, caring, and like to help others and not the kind of people that are always looking to scam somebody.

If it takes off and does well I thought it could be called something like "The Month Of May Item Give-Away".
No, its not a scam.
Its just something different,
It can be fun, interesting, helpful and can even clean out and make some room in our closets for NEW STUFF!

Stop by and see if something comes up you would like to have.

Mark

Well I'm pretty certain that the hidden icon on the CS is much use seeing how there isn't a menu option to manual ground balance it.
I've not heard any say that the CS wasn't a deep searching detector, I can take mine out to my test garden and not ground balance it at all, leave the tracking off, mount the little 5" coil, set the sensitivity to 5 and the threshold to -15 and it will still hit my 8" coin garden. Will it hit a copper penny at a foot, I don't think so.

I thought it a little interesting what the GS manual had to say about the AFS system and hot rocks! read it again, that system is the same system as the Coinstrike, and I believe it runs, sets, and works the same.

Mark