Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

detecting lake Winnipeg (Manitoba)

I am up in the Gimli MB area due to work. I am just wondering if detecting is allowed? I have not seen anybody with a detector around here. Any info would be a great help

Thanks
claytargethntr

You might want to ask that question on the Canadian Medial Detecting Forum, I am sure someone who lives in your province might help with info.

You'll have some competition yes those beaches are fair game.
Let me know when your around may be able to help you.

Thanks for the info. I did find the canadian metal detecting website, Great site, helpful people.

Thanks Joel- I am going to try and get out there tomorrow and the next day Maybe Winnipeg beach as well. I have the next two days off

claytargethntr

Lol, I got to hunt yesterday. Areas I hunted were clean of good stuff. I started the moring north of the concesion stand going from waist deep to up on the beach. The beach ended up getting pretty full in early afternoon so I packed up and went to lunch. After lunch I came back to the beach a little further south. Around 4pm the beach was slowly emptying, then a light rain shower passed and I was all by my self on the beach. I hunted to around 10pm

1. Nails everywhere

2. For a nation that uses coins. I expected to find more than 14 pennys, 1 nickel, 1 dime and one US quarter

3. There is or was a kids treasure hunt. I saw the flyer the other day hanging in a cafe. Well I did dig 12 of their coins. At the end of the day I went to the middle of the area I hunted and tossed them in the air. First kid on the beach today is going to hit the motherlode

Well back to give her another shot today

Thanks for the help

claytargethntr

claytargethntr said:
Lol, I got to hunt yesterday. Areas I hunted were clean of good stuff. I started the moring north of the concesion stand going from waist deep to up on the beach. The beach ended up getting pretty full in early afternoon so I packed up and went to lunch. After lunch I came back to the beach a little further south. Around 4pm the beach was slowly emptying, then a light rain shower passed and I was all by my self on the beach. I hunted to around 10pm

1. Nails everywhere

2. For a nation that uses coins. I expected to find more than 14 pennys, 1 nickel, 1 dime and one US quarter

3. There is or was a kids treasure hunt. I saw the flyer the other day hanging in a cafe. Well I did dig 12 of their coins. At the end of the day I went to the middle of the area I hunted and tossed them in the air. First kid on the beach today is going to hit the motherlode

Well back to give her another shot today

Thanks for the help
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There's a few locals that are there every day early.
Hope you took out all those nails as It'll make it easier for me
when I hit it again.:devil::rofl:
Good luck on your next outings.

Hello Joel,

My second day out was cut short due to work issues, but I was able to pull one ring from the water. Still unsure of the metal. There are targets there. If we are here a little longer I will give it another shot

I am sure you have hunted Winnipeg beach, any thoughts

claytargethntr

claytargethntr;

Winnipeg beach is narrower likely not as many targets.
Does get busy there may be worth a try on your part.
In the water does have rocky pebble/stone in places.
Getting a good blow from the N/E may unearth oldies
I,ve seen and heard reports of rings lost there but
though going due to the bottom composition..

Joel.

Watch out for the dangerous undertow.
I'd check out the ballparks while in Gimli.
The park where the Icelandic Festival is held, might have some goodies.

Thanks for the info, I am not sure how much longer we are going to be here, So Gimli beach will probably be all I will get to hunt. You are right the bottom of the lake is interesting. small pebbles, big rocks then sand bars.

claytargethntr