Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:detecting:My Shaft mounted GQ

Hi Buzz,

I had a new GQ owner aske me about mounting the GQ on the shaft. I thought you had done it. There is nothing like a pic to show how to do it.

BTW, did you make the bracket that is holding the GQ?

Reg

Because the mounting plate on the unit is epoxied to the case, and we never thought of it being used pole mounted, it will not stand up to repeated bumping of the case before it separates from the case.

It will just require to be re-epoxied to fix. It's tough trying to find epoxy that will bond to Lexan with full strength.

Mr. Bill

Dang it Buzz, I told myself, I am not going to spend any more money on my GQ and you have to go and post these pictures. All kidding aside, it looks like a pro set up Buzz, I am interested in the battery mod, looks like a good idea, not having to take the unit apart all of the time to change batteries.

colt

Your welcome Reg
I used a 30 ton press to bend the 1/4 aluminum plate for the shaft mounting
bracket. Bill; on the circuit board mount, I used the same stand off bolts that came with the unit and drilled the holes in the pelican case to mount the circuit board and sealed the nuts. That circuit board won't go anywhere.

Buzz:twodetecting:

Hi colt
I will post pictures of the battery setup for you later today. Simple mod.You might want to check with Reg for any mods and wiring you do on the unit first. You can buy the straight shaft from Bill.I think he still sells them shafts.

Buzz

Hey Bill
Yeah! it has been a while, still scratching around,getting a little older.
The GQ is still working great and running strong with very good depth, very nice design and well built. We are in a middle of a blizzard today, I be glad when spring comes so I can get back out there. I see you guys got a new machine on the market for nugget hunting looks like a keeper:clap:

Buzz