Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting next to chain link fence with ATPro question

hellgrammite123

Hello everyone!

I have question regarding detecting with the ATPro. This is a new detector to me and I am still getting used to it. I had the ACE 250 and I found a lot of coins and some prior to 1900. It is true that the ATPro is better with depth as I am finding more stuff at 8 inches and also works better in trashy areas. I can determine if it is a can or coin.

Is there a way to get up close to a chain link fence wit out the detector sounding off? I detect sometimes at ball fields and I want to get close to the fence by the baseball field. As long as I am 6 inches or closer it will beep.

Should I put the sensitivity lower? Should I discriminate the number it beeps at? There is a possibility that I may miss more stuff if I do that. Is there anything else that I can consider or try?

Thank you for answering my questions!

Matt

You can lower the Sens. and make sure to NOT run parallel with the fence using the stock coil. Always detect up next to the fence with the nose of your coil. The best thing for working up next to fences it to get the Sniper coil. You can scoot right up next to it with that one!

I agree with BigCatDaddy, the sniper coil is ideal for getting up close to fences and other metal things. The equipment in a totlot is a good example.I don't have the sniper for my ATPro yet but I use one at times on my ace250 and 350. Its good for getting into tight areas and in trashy areas. If you get one you won't be disappointed:thumbup: Also there is an ATPro forum for any other questions you might have. there are good folks on that forum and are more than happy to answer any questions. I personally don't post much there but I am always leaning from other ATPro users. Best of luck to you!