Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting nickles

ydnar6

I've been using default setting and getting plenty quarters, dimes and pennies. Is it typical not to detect nickles? How are they detected?

I have my best luck hunting in digital. For me it helps get the nickles - in fact I get about the same number of nickles that I get quarters. On my ground if I get a digital of 10-05 and it bounces to 11-05 it's almost always a nickel. Sometimes 10-05 to 09-05. Why I haven't a clue. Sure, sometime it's a tab of some sort but it seems to work for me.

HH

I put a nickel in my right shoe as I forget the exact tone at times and rescan it and if the one in the ground has the same tone, I'll dig it. If you do this, be sure to use a dug nickel because the shiny ones have a higher cond. tone and sometimes number, Clifford is right, they come in at 5 on conduct.

n/t

Yes, I agree with this statement, if one is in old stuff territory, dig everything above iron especially if there is no abundance of new nonferrous trash. I have had very deep nickels to give a broken tone so bad that it would make you think it was trash, so keep that in mind.