Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting Old Hotel Built 1853 and would like ID's

Pete4AU

Spent the day at a lake detecting the area where a hotel, store and stable were built in 1853. It was abandoned by 1879.
Even though the place has been detected hard and heavy through the years and I have been there many times, I was fortunate enough to find a couple of keepers.
Any info on the items in the video, button, buckle, solid brass shotgun shell casing, will be appreciated.
Could the thing in these photos have been on a powder flask? I think it's copper. Photos of each side of it. Kind of like a floral design on it.
Note, some of the clips in the video are a little hazy because I forget to wipe dust off the camera lenses.
Also note that I changed coils. Both worked well.
You can see where I found these items here ... [video]http://metaldetectingaction.com/page/detectingPg1/DetectingHotelAreas.html[/video]
Thanks in advance and
All the best
Pete4AU
[attachment 298289 CFWfind2.jpg][attachment 298290 CFWfind3.jpg]

Didn't mention in my earlier comment, but that buckle looks like the cast brass wreath that fits a tongue with an eagle. It is missing its belt loop, but still a very nice relic. Known as the "cast eagle" style of buckle, mostly non military, civilian use, and believed by some to have actually been cast in California. Dated late 1840s to 1860. Do you know if that site has produced any other similar tongue and wreath buckles? Very cool period find!

Thanks for the buckle info. The only finds that come form this site that I know about are those I, or people I've been with have found. Nothing as good as the buckle, shotgun shell, button and powder flask part and all of those were found the same day! Go figure. That eagle buckle part that you told me was not a button was not found near here.

Pete