Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting on The Beach At Aruba

Waterman

I'm looking at going to Aruba for a holiday, has anyone done any beach/water detecting there on Palm Beach? Any problems enjoying the hobby there, any areas closed to detecting? Appreciate any help you can give. Thank you...
H.H.

Dude! With my battery burn I'd need to find $10/per to break even!

most beaches give you a per hour or daily pay it is usually cheaper to pay for the day. One of the beaches I go to is 1$ hr or8$ for the day. There is also side street parking for free but its a little bit further of a walk which I do not mind. Just look for aditional free parking if you dont mind a little walk.

Good hunting on the beach. Everytime I hear the word Aruba, I associate it with the young lady who was murdered there. Be careful and have a good time.

from my research so far it seems that the waters should be calm enough to water hunt, at least I'm hoping so.

Aruba is a nice place. You have the chance to visit Palm Beach there easily. You should not miss the chance ... :hot:

Waterman,

I think some of the other posters may be confused as to which "Palm Beach" you're talking about. Parking on Aruba is generally free. I can think of only one parking lot that you would pay to park in. If you are a hotel guest in the high rise area you will not pay for parking and most of the good hunting areas are within walking distance. There are plenty of areas to park for free and many public access walkways to the beach. If you're staying in the low rise area, you can just walk across the street. All the beaches are considered public and you'll get no grief from anyone because you're detecting. If you want more info send me a PM. I just got access to Finds and usually post on another forum. I'm pretty familiar with Aruba.

Good luck out there.

About 10 years ago I went to baby beach in Aruba.At that time I was not into metal detecting but since then ive always wondered if it would be good for detecting.I dont think
they charge for parking as it is an out of the way beach with a shallow horseshoe type inlet.