Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting random fields

JOSHUAWCOLVEY

When your hunting random fields do you just hunt wide open?
What would be a good setting for the 3030 or the deus? My wife would be suing one since it is hers and i will be using a 3030.

Thanks

IT'S best to start out with low discrimination and see how that works, a lot of fields aren't that trashy and this setting will let you know the lay of the land. Maybe even all metal settings in some cases, if your machine starts hitting targets everytime you swing the coil you may need to move up on your discrimination until you can hunt without constant noise.

If I was using the Deus, I would use Gold Field. If there is any metal in there GoldField will sniff it out.

My brother and I hunted 2 random fields, side by side, wide open on our detectors. The T2se and Mxt. We did very well on both. Lots of flat buttons, 2 large cents, a Virginia half penny, and miscellaneous relics. You never know what's in those "random" fields until you give them a try!