Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting Season is here

I don't think that I have posted anything on this MXT forum yet, only on some of the other Findmall forums. I've used Whites machines for about 30 years and had been thinking of getting an MXT for a long time. The reason that I held off was because of a friend that had one and didn't care for his all that much. He finally traded it off for a much lesser detector and loved it. That pushed me over the edge and last July I ordered one. It was a great decision that I should have made a few years ago.

This MXT Forum has been rather quiet lately so I'm hoping that everyone has been so busy detecting that they haven't had the time to post anything. As for me, I have been really busy in my wood shop getting some projects out and haven't had much time to play but a couple of days ago I went down the edge of my street (it's dirt) and found $3.16 in clad coin plus some empty pistol cartridges. It wasn't much but I'm officially retired as of two day ago and will be able devote some time to my other hobby of detecting. I sure love this MXT all Pro. Thanks for reading this lengthy post.

Nevada Prospector said:
I don't think that I have posted anything on this MXT forum yet, only on some of the other Findmall forums. I've used Whites machines for about 30 years and had been thinking of getting an MXT for a long time. The reason that I held off was because of a friend that had one and didn't care for his all that much. He finally traded it off for a much lesser detector and loved it. That pushed me over the edge and last July I ordered one. It was a great decision that I should have made a few years ago.

This MXT Forum has been rather quiet lately so I'm hoping that everyone has been so busy detecting that they haven't had the time to post anything. As for me, I have been really busy in my wood shop getting some projects out and haven't had much time to play but a couple of days ago I went down the edge of my street (it's dirt) and found $3.16 in clad coin plus some empty pistol cartridges. It wasn't much but I'm officially retired as of two day ago and will be able devote some time to my other hobby of detecting. I sure love this MXT all Pro. Thanks for reading this lengthy post.

Congratulations on your retirement . I hope you can find all the time you want for detecting . Being retired doesn't always guarantee that , things have a way of coming up . I'm glad to hear you are happy with your MXT All Pro . I am certainly happy with mine and wished I had gotten one a lot earlier .The more I use it , the more I am amazed by it . Nice going on your finds ! I will be greatly looking forward to seeing your future posts . Hopefully I will get out sometime and have something decent to post . All the best to you !

Big congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy every minute! Enjoy that new MXT Pro also. :detecting:

That's great that you came home with some extra money in your pouch. Now do you spend your money or do you save it? When we would go "cladding", we would save all the clad coins till the end of the year. Larry would clean them and then off to the bank they went to be turned in. We would take that money and get away for a weekend or so. One year our clad money went on a down payment on a beautiful SeaRay cabin cruiser. BEAUTIFUL!

I wish you the best and thanks for posting. HH, Nancy

I got out for first time this year last weekend on the 40 mile desert north of reno found some good spots for future exploration and a silver dime ,and a indian seashell bead and a lot of nails .felt good to be swinging the mxt pro and do a little camping taking my son next weekend I hope

Good job and the best sounds like next weekend while camping with son. Now that's a rare find in this day and age. HH, Nancy

Thanks for the reply, Nancy. When I find clad I put it in quart jars and put them on the shelf. If I find enough I would spend it on something. I usually don't find very much clad, the most I have found in one day was something like 200 some odd coins and that was an exception and a very long day. It is mostly like 5 to 20 coins as I am usually in areas looking for older coins or relics. I'm looking forward to using that MXT a lot this summer. HH

Nevada Prospector said:
Thanks for the reply, Nancy. When I find clad I put it in quart jars and put them on the shelf. If I find enough I would spend it on something. I usually don't find very much clad, the most I have found in one day was something like 200 some odd coins and that was an exception and a very long day. It is mostly like 5 to 20 coins as I am usually in areas looking for older coins or relics. I'm looking forward to using that MXT a lot this summer. HH

Welcome to the forum NP . Best of luck this summer .

Consider the DFX as it used dual frequencys that helps a lot in minimized soil.

You might want to look at the new MX Sport also.

Nevada Prospecting, That's still a lot of clad for only hunting deep signals. :thumbup: The more you use that MXT, the more you're going to love it. It's been by my side since they came off the production line. I have also purchased a MXT Pro and love that one too. Thanks for sharing your finds with us and I wish you the best of luck, Nancy

....and I love it! I bought one when they first came out, then I sold it off thinking I wouldn't be detecting that much again. Big mistake - I really missed my MXT, so I checked around for another original one (used) and got one for a great price! I'm not letting this one go! Love the MXT.

padiggin said:
....and I love it! I bought one when they first came out, then I sold it off thinking I wouldn't be detecting that much again. Big mistake - I really missed my MXT, so I checked around for another original one (used) and got one for a great price! I'm not letting this one go! Love the MXT.

Don, I still love my old MXT, my goodness how long has it been since they first came out? I'm guessing in 2001? It's been in the shot a couple of times but nothing major. I also own the MXT PRO and like it just as much. HH, Nancy