Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector as cabin luggage, any thoughts

aushunter

:confused:Just bought a BH Tracker and wondering would it be possible to travel with it as cabin luggage as I value my gear pretty well.
I notice that the Tracker has 2 screws on the bottom side of unit and is it possible to remove these to break down to a smaller package.
Anyone in Australia know what the rules are with travelling with MD on a flight please let me know as I have 3 days and I'm in Western Australia for 2 weeks.
Also, I bought a charger for NI-cad rechargable batteries to minimise the cost of buying Alkaline batteries. Can you use NI-cad's in the BH, is it advisable?
Best regards & HH.
aushunter:ausflag::bounty:

You can take those screws out and the control unit comes off the shaft, just keep track of them screws...You may not be able to pack those batteries though...may have to buy alkalines when you land...

HH,

Thanks GoGoGopher,
We are heading to the west coast of OZ to a place called Port Hedland.
Its a huge exporter of iron ore, and I find it a remarkable place to visit.
It's a very isolated place and thought I would give the BH a run, ya just never know.
Every day we usually go crabbing and fishing or just explore the endless wild coastline, so
taking a MD over there should add a bit more enjoyment just looking around the beaches and parks.
Today I just bought a set of headphones that have a volume control on the cord, as the Tracker dosen't have a volume switch.
I certainly makes a difference, I have only used it the backyard so far and scored a few brassy items so this is going to be
a interesting test as I'm used to the Minelab Excalibur that usually sings to you instead of beeping so I'll pack my training wheels.
Thanks for the input and HH.
aushunter:ausflag::cheers::usaflag: