Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector case

Hello all

I have a couple standard md cases but they dont quite fit my needs. I was hoping to hear what others are using to protect their detectors when traveling. I have looked at a couple semi rigid tactical rifle cases, they may work. I have an Excalibur with a three piece travel rod. I also want something to fit a e trac and would fit airline carry on requirements. As well enable me to carry either detector on my motorcycle. In my mind I know what I want just have not found it yet.

Thanks
Claytargethntr

I use a Stanley FatMax toolbox for travel. ABS plastic, It easily houses 2 detectors and accessories. Up to at least a 10" coil and maybe bigger if placed on an angle.
I saw someone else had one with straps and velcro to hold his detectors and accessories. It was under $30 when I bought mine. Has lockable snaps and is water resistant and floats.
I don't think it will work for 2 pole detectors like the Sov GT as the upper is longer than the box.

Hi Gman, Over the years I have modified soft bow cases, pickup truck cab "orginizers"(black vinyl) and just recently picked up a couple of (Game Winner) "Youth" Bow Cases, from Academy for $15 ea.The Game Winners are just long enough for most any of my Tesoros and the padding is really nice to have when piled into the back of my Pathfinder with my diggin Buddies detectors . Probably none of them would be tuff enough though for Claytargets travel needs.HH, Charlie

Well I found a good one for my excal with a three piece travel rod. It is a tennis racket bag from Walmart. $14. Padded, has two pockets one for the coil, brains, and ears. The other pocket holds the rods. It fits perfectly. I plan to add some velcro straps to hold the coil and brains in place. Had a handle, as well as a shoulder strap. It should fit carry on requirements, and I should be able to either strap it on the back of my motorcycle or fit it over my back. Didn't fit the etrac though

claytargethntr

I know this is an old thread, but one of my local Wally Worlds has these very cases on for under $25 in a center isle, so I grabbed two of them :) You might want to check your local store if you're looking for a deal on one. Got mine at the Moncton, N.B. store. I don't know if this is a specific store deal or not.