Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector/coil question

D&P-OR

Has anyone tried the new NEL "Super Fly" coil on the G2+ or F-19?------If so what do you think of it?----Does that coil have any real advantage over the FT 7X11" DD or Ultimate 13" DD coils? (on the G2+ or F-19)

I have not. But I have it for the t2. I also have a tone of hours on the g2. It will most definitely bring more to the table than the 11x7. It will separate as well and be deep with better stability in EMI. It weighs just like the Detech. It ground balances much better on the t2. It can run full gain also. I would bet it’s on par with the Detech for depth. The Superfly is perfect in open areas.

I was also wondering about that coil for my G2+. Seems super light for that size. Hard to find. If I can get one I will directly compare it with my beat up Detech Ultimate. It's either the Super Fly, Cors Butterfly or the MGC 13".

I have not. But I have it for the t2. I also have a tone of hours on the g2. It will most definitely bring more to the table than the 11x7. It will separate as well and be deep with better stability in EMI. It weighs just like the Detech. It ground balances much better on the t2. It can run full gain also. I would bet it’s on par with the Detech for depth. The Superfly is perfect in open areas.
Iowa-----Could you weigh your Super Fly coil (with coil cover) and post the weight here?------I have a 13" Ultimate coil for my F-19/G2+ and according to my very accurate postal scales my Ultimate weighs 18.7 oz. (with coil cover).

Iowa-----Could you weigh your Super Fly coil (with coil cover) and post the weight here?------I have a 13" Ultimate coil for my F-19/G2+ and according to my very accurate postal scales my Ultimate weighs 18.7 oz. (with coil cover).
I do not have postal scales. I looked up the spec and it’s 14.8 oz w/o the cover. The cover is more slim line than other models. The coil overall is slimmer than say the Tornado. So let’s assume the cover weighs 1.5 oz (likely less). It’s likely right in the 16-16.5oz range with the cover installed. To me, the ultimate and the Superfly feel extremely similar on the stick. If you’d like I can do a test video in the garden...ultimate vs Superfly.

I do not have postal scales. I looked up the spec and it’s 14.8 oz w/o the cover. The cover is more slim line than other models. The coil overall is slimmer than say the Tornado. So let’s assume the cover weighs 1.5 oz (likely less). It’s likely right in the 16-16.5oz range with the cover installed. To me, the ultimate and the Superfly feel extremely similar on the stick. If you’d like I can do a test video in the garden...ultimate vs Superfly.

Just got a g2+ then bought a NEL sharpshooter I saw on eBay for $45 couldn’t pass it up. Anyone run one on the g2+? How does it compare with the stock elliptical 11x7 coil?

My stock 11X7 coil for my G2+ sits on a shelf in a closet. I only use the Nel Sharpshooter of the 13" Detech Ultimate on my G2+. I do have a SuperFly for my Garrett AT Gold. It is slightly smaller than the Detech 13" Ultimate and is roughly 2 ounces lighter according to my scales. Specs online have the Detech Ultimate 13 weighing 16.9 ounces and the SuperFly weighing 14.8 by the way. Both are great coils even though to me, the Detech Ultimate makes my G2+ feel really nose heavy especially in uneven terrain. Both the Detech Ultimate and the SuperFly detect circles around the stock 11X7 FTP coil and the 8.5X11 stock Garrett coil (which I sold as quickly as I could......what a boat anchor!!!)

So you would rather use the g2+ with the sharpshooter than the stock 11x7, even with the smaller footprint? I’m not going to buy a larger coil unless I find I really like the detector and want to use it preferentially. I expect the SS coil is slightly lighter than the stock one too. (12.3 oz)

So you would rather use the g2+ with the sharpshooter than the stock 11x7, even with the smaller footprint? I’m not going to buy a larger coil unless I find I really like the detector and want to use it preferentially. I expect the SS coil is slightly lighter than the stock one too. (12.3 oz)
I have both and use both. The 11x7 is excellent, similar weight to the sharpshooter and is deeper. It separates quite good. The sharpshooter is a little quieter in intense emi but not by a lot. I hunted an area with the sharpshooter and retraced with the 11x7. Each coil pulled good targets down to about 7”. Stock coil getting to about 9” on a 58 caliber bullet. Can’t go wrong with either coil, though I would leave the sharpshooter on for most instances. 13” coils behave very nicely on the g2.