Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector decision

Joe6112

New to detecting, looking for my first. Live in Charleston SC area. Am torn between the Tesoro Vaquero and AT Pro. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Joe it would depend on where you are going to be detecting. I don't think the Vaquero would be suited for the surf since they say to Not allow it to get wet. . Try talking to one of the folks at Kellyco and see what they have to say about your choices. There is a live chat feature on this forum where us newbies can chat with them.

I have used the AT Pro for a couple years. It is a great detector with good depth, easy pin point feature and a price
that is hard to beat. Not that the vaquer is not a good detector because it is. the drawback is you cannot get it wet.
There is not one chance of not getting your detector wet if you are anywhere near a body of water.

Go to Kelleyco and do the detector comparison that they have. That may answer your question more clearly.

I love my AT Pro. Have found several rings both gold and silver and enough clad in 2 years to pay for the
machine over three times. Very difficult to argue with that. If you are determined to enjoy the hobby the learning
curve on the AT Pro is NILL> Maximum 1 week and you will be scooting along in pro mode 0 finding targets.

Good luck and HH. Let us know what you decide. Plenty of help on this forum.