Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

detector for 6 yr old

CaDigginDawg

The wife and I want to buy our grandson a detector
for Christmas this year, what would be a good
choice for a 6 yr old?

I would say a compadre is good.
Only one knob so only have one knob to explain.
Great performer. Great price.
If he doesn't get into the hobby you aren't out a whole lot and you still gain a great detector!!

Later down the line if the interest holds there's more options. But to start, it's the cheapest (only in cost) and best performing option.

You may have to make the shaft shorter than it can be normally set to unless your grandson is taller than normal for a 6 year old. Other than that, I think a Compadre is a great choice to start him off detecting.

That's what I had at the top of my list.
Read a lot of reviews and like how simple
operating this little guy is plus the lifetime
warranty. Good call guys and thanks for the
info. CaDigginDawg

CaDigginDawg said:
The wife and I want to buy our grandson a detector
for Christmas this year, what would be a good
choice for a 6 yr old?
I bought my daughter a compadre not long after she turned 7 and the shaft adjusted short enough for her. I think it's a great starter detector.

Also you can pick up the Tesoro divers pole which is shorter to help with adjusting the height in case the smaller height is still too tall

I may have to buy 2!
One for the grandson and one
for papa if you know what I mean.
Thanks y'all.