Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector for my grand daughter ???

tigermoth

Hi to you all,I have a very enthusiastic partner,my 10 year old grand daughter,and its time for her to own a detector,she is only a slight lass but will run me into the ground and has a very good eye when it comes to relic and bottle hunting,we have done our home work and the detector that keeps hitting us in the face is the Compardre,the $ are right and the weight and balance is perfect so Bella's and my question is will this be a simple detector for her ,she has used a ace 250 and can find good targets so she has a ear for tones,we mainly detect old 1800 mining sights and not so much the parks but will get there sometimes,we have read about the discrimination on the compardre and like its simplicity,any input will be greatly appreciated thanks Barry and Bella :twodetecting:

Barry and Bella

The one knob wonder Compadre has a great iron discriminator, it is just so simple to use, just click it on and you are in motion all-metal (this setting picks up on everything) . As you turn the knob clockwise for more discrimination it knocks out iron in small increments from the smallest fleck of iron to bottle cap sized iron as you go up in discrimination. It has almost surgical precision in that you can knock out the small hairpins, paper clips etc. and still get small gold chains. I use mine in the state of Kansas where the soil is mildly mineralized and the Compadre works just fine. I wonder how well it would work for you around the mining camps, as they are known to have higher amounts of mineralization. I think that under those conditions a manual ground balanced detector like the Outlaw or Vaquero might be the better choice. Good luck to you and your grandaughter, I hope you find what you are looking for.

I just ordered a Compadre for my 9 year old daughter. She should do well with it, and it will keep her hands off my Vaquero. :clapping:

Dan

dan b said:
I just ordered a Compadre for my 9 year old daughter. She should do well with it, and it will keep her hands off my Vaquero. :clapping:

Dan

It might be the other way around.

tabaman

Congrats, I know she will like it, hank