Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector for tall detectorist

NorseGod

Hi, everyone.

May I, please, have your recommendations for a detector long enough to save the back of this decrepit 6’1” pensioner.

I dug out my old Fisher CZ5 but it seems to have shrunk...

Just want to be able to keep my back straight and shoulders square without tripping over the coil.

Steve.

That sounds like a good option.

I could not find an extension for the CZ5 and I wonder if its age might compromise the cable if I tried to extend it.

May have to buy a new detector and one that has an extension shaft accessory.

I am 5' 11" tall and have always had more extension left in all of my rigs. Is this person ultra long legged? I think that most medium to high end detectors will fit a 6'11" person. JMHO

I swing nearer my feet. Swinging way forward would lessen factory setups for height. That style does add to back strain anyway.

I around 6'4". Owned 50+ detectors including 4 CZs and can't recall any being too short. As stated above it may be you have the coil too far in front and that can cause fatigue. Or maybe I just have monkey arms..

I am 5' 11" tall and have always had more extension left in all of my rigs. Is this person ultra long legged? I think that most medium to high end detectors will fit a 6'11" person. JMHO

I swing nearer my feet. Swinging way forward would lessen factory setups for height. That style does add to back strain anyway.
Big feet are my problem 🙄

It’s probably the length of my stride, Mo. I’ll have to practice different methods until I can find an extension that lets me keep the coil in the right position.
I around 6'4". Owned 50+ detectors including 4 CZs and can't recall any being too short. As stated above it may be you have the coil too far in front and that can cause fatigue. Or maybe I just have monkey arms..

Thanks 7,

I shall be checking the 800 out before I splash the cash. Still thinking a CZ-21 may be the best for my beaches but I’ve read good reviews about the 800. 🤔

Thanks 7,

I shall be checking the 800 out before I splash the cash. Still thinking a CZ-21 may be the best for my beaches but I’ve read good reviews about the 800. 🤔
I can’t speak for beach detecting. But I like it for civil war hunting.

Our weather here in Ireland is unpredictable so I am thinking about a waterproof detector but the 800 may well fit the bill. Inland hunting is very restricted by heritage laws.

Thanks 7,

Is a good detector but heavy & built like a tank
As to recovery speed slow in todays standards

Hi, everyone.

May I, please, have your recommendations for a detector long enough to save the back of this decrepit 6’1” pensioner.

I dug out my old Fisher CZ5 but it seems to have shrunk...

Just want to be able to keep my back straight and shoulders square without tripping over the coil.

Steve.
6 FT 1 IN you should have my problem at 7 ft 2in i have to have shafts built for every detector i purchase they are all to short for me

the thing you have to keep in mind also the longer your shaft is the more it will flex it is tough to find someone that can build a long shaft that does not have a lot of flex to it I have resorted to filling my detector shafts with expandable foam to stiffen them some