Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector shafts

antoninvs

Hi guys
I hunt with the attack nel coil but it is heavy and I have a new shaft made
Its working fine but I can fold it and is difficult to transport see pictures
now I want to use the shaft of XP but the cable is too short because the angle of the handle
see pictures
Can someone help me to an waterproof extension cable
Sorry for my bad English
Thanks and HH
Greetings Antonio
Netherlands

Hi ohiochris
new photos of my own made shaft
too bad the cable too short is on the coils gggrrrrr
30-40 cm longer was much better
Thanks for your nice reply
grt Antonio

Hello Antonio, I have no answer to your question but I like what you samples. thanks for sharing. Ik ook ;) hope you can solve it.
greetings from Spain

Hi Senda
I have sent a mail to nel coils and got in response that the order with a longer cable 40 euro costs more
but it takes 2 months for that order them pppfffff
Thanks for your nice message and you Dutch words hihi
Spain is beautiful I'm a few times been there and searched on the beach
HH
greetings Antonio

I have been addressing most of the current known ways to straight shaft the ATP lately , taking issue with how nothing has changed other than the shape of the shaft. The weight distribution and location of the handle and control box still in the same location , nothing has really changed. Some swear by their designs and some claim the difference is like night and day but in reality all that has changed is there is no S curve in the shaft , but how does that change anything ?.....a slightly different design but everything is essentially the same as the original configuration. This just shows how people can be sold on a gimmick and actually be convinced they are experiencing some kind of benefit from it. If not taking advantage of all the straight shaft has to offer then what is the point ? But your idea has merit , you moved the control box rearward taking any extra weight off the forearm and balancing the configuration against the coil. The only problem I see is being able to see the screen and access the controls while in use. Im working on a way to set the control box on top , just in front of the elbow so the controls can be seen and accessed while in use. Or maybe mounted on the side with the face pointing up. Another way to deal with the cable length issue is just keep the shaft as short as possible , depending on your height of course , keep the shaft short enough so you are swinging the coil just in front of your feet rather than out farther. This also minimizes stress on your arm and drag if you are hunting in water.

What a straight shaft will do is put the weight of the coil under the wrist instead of on top of the wrist which some people find beneficial to their particular physiques. The name of the game is ergonomics which everyone will find a matter of personal taste...

pistolpete said:
What a straight shaft will do is put the weight of the coil under the wrist instead of on top of the wrist which some people find beneficial to their particular physiques. The name of the game is ergonomics which everyone will find a matter of personal taste...

Yes , ergonomics can be a matter of personal taste , but in this case we are taking about a placebo. Above or below the wrist , you say tomato I say tom-A-to ,.....not enough change here to make a difference with most of the ATP setups. But if you make a good pitch and sell someone on the supposed benefits of something well enough , .........many will believe its the best thing available , the answer to their problems , in spite of there being no real difference between it and what they already had. Sometimes you just gotta stop and take a realistic look at things .......they are not always what they seem. And if that control box is still atop the handle grip then guess what......the weight of the coil is STILL on top of the wrist where it was in the first place. It takes moving as much weight rearward as you can to balance out the coil , otherwise its all out there at arms length being multiplied.

All I can say is when I put the weight of the control box above my wrist and the weight of the lower rod and coil below my wrist along with moving the grip up the shaft and at a little different angle for better balance which putting the arm cup with strap just before my elbow has distributed the weight a lot more evenly throughout all contact points for me. Am I still swinging the same weight, yes but the balance is a lot different and causes a lot less stress on my upper wrist. All arms are not the same and some of us need to have the weight distributed differently to suit our needs for comfort. For me I am sure that the point of balance is not the same as it will be for everyone and that is why I chose a straight shaft that has a lot of adjustment built in to it so I can custom fit the balance and weight where I want it.

GO VA said:
All I can say is when I put the weight of the control box above my wrist and the weight of the lower rod and coil below my wrist along with moving the grip up the shaft and at a little different angle for better balance which putting the arm cup with strap just before my elbow has distributed the weight a lot more evenly throughout all contact points for me. Am I still swinging the same weight, yes but the balance is a lot different and causes a lot less stress on my upper wrist. All arms are not the same and some of us need to have the weight distributed differently to suit our needs for comfort. For me I am sure that the point of balance is not the same as it will be for everyone and that is why I chose a straight shaft that has a lot of adjustment built in to it so I can custom fit the balance and weight where I want it.

In the pics I am looking at two versions of the same exact thing. You putting the shafts side by side like that illustrates my point well. But if you are happy with it that is all that matters. I am not knocking your setup , just addressing a popular theory as of late.

Years ago there were some people claiming that if you put your detector coil on backwards it will work and handle better. As ridiculous as the idea was there were still a lot of people who jumped on the bandwagon claiming it worked so much better..... " for them". Ideas get defended strongly for a while as if the laws of physics work different for some people than they do for others , but eventually the ideas get abandoned.....even forgotten about , as reality eventually sets in.

Putting the coil on backwards makes perfect sense IF, when put on backwards, puts the lugs closer to the center coil attachment point. A few ounces in the right place makes a world of difference at the end of the day. Have you considered the advantage of a revised viewing angle up and down as well as side to side that a straight shaft offers? Like I said, it's all a matter of personal preference and everybody's different...