Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector storage/rack for bed of your truck?

SilverSal

Hey all, has anyone built a storage/rack/some sort of carrying device for the bed of your truck for your detectors? I want to keep my detectors with me all the time and since my tailgate locks I thought I would build some kind of system to place them in for transportation. I have seen some videos on you-tube where you can see a custom build in the background but they never show any long enough for me to get the plans for it. If you have please post some picks so I can get some idea. Thanks in advance. HH

id be interested in the same. As of now I have spanned my bed from one side to the other with parallel lengths of 550 cord, about 3' apart. I have them adjusted so they sag quite a bit I lay the detectors across the lines iand zip tie them in place. It's not a rack, but it's light easy to remove, cheap and the bouncing is dampened as they as suspended above the bed, and I can slide things under them, so I still get the bed use. I wanted to build something more substantial, but opted for anti vibration instead.

I have a rack for the back of my truck. It lifts in and out and holds about 8 detectors. I have a cab high shell on my truck and it holds the detectors at the same level as the top of the truck bed. This allows me to store everything else I take with me below the detectors. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.

Some great ideas!. I've tried various things but nothing satisfactory. Hope to read about others ideas.

Here's the photos
http://rs17.pbsrc.com/albums/b81/tbush/IMG_3450.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop
http://rs17.pbsrc.com/albums/b81/tbush/IMG_3451.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/tbush/IMG_3453.jpg?t=1485740471

Hi Silver Sal, Whatever you come up with for your detector storage, I want to suggest that you almost do some overkill when it comes to the Padding /cushioning that will be holding your detectors. For a good idea of just how rough a ride can occur in the back of "any" pickup when some Bad Road happens out of nowhere, crawl up in back and have someone give you a ride down some Bad Road. It will give you a better perspective for what you will need to build into you detector storage gizmo! HH, Charlie