Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector video's on YouTube.......

CWRelichunter

[size=small][size=x-small][size=small]I would like to personally thank all of those detectorists who are taking the time to make videos of their metal detectors, and the items that they're finding with them.

I can clearly see how it takes some degree of effort (& patience) to both metal detect, and shoot a video at the same time. It looks more like it's a pain in the tail rather than somethng that's really fun to do. I therefore wanted to say that I fully appreciate all the effort that goes into the making of these type of videos, and applaud those who contribute their time to post their individual experiences for all to see.

Having stated that, I need to word the remainder of this post very carefully, as it is not my intention to embarrass, ridicule, or shame any of the video's in any matter shape or form.

However, as a potential buyer of some of these detectors that I have watched on YouTube, I need to say something:

When people are watching these video's they really don't care about your favorite classical, jazz, or rock music. They generally want to hear the DETECTOR beep, pop, sizzle, chime, whine, alarm, or honk. We even enjoy hearing the excitement of a detectorist finding a KEEPER, or share in the anger and grief over finding a piece of junk.

Thank you again for your informative video's.

J in FL[/size][/size][/size]

[size=large]Ditto CW. i've learned most of my knowledge from watching those vids on you tube. especially those on the MXT, V3i and my other machines. as for the music? i have to take it as the taste of the vid makers. some is music and some is noise. i have learned that if i ever try to make one i need to be mindful of the wind direction and effect on the sound. sometimes some of these videos sound like they're being made in a hurricane. ya see the person talking but the wind drowns em out.i have no idea of how this can be overcomed. i do wish there were more on the XLT . some of the ones out there have some far fetched claims on depth for the XLT. i'd like to see more on real life experiences.
i have to agree it's not easy making the vids but sure appriciate those that do. and thanks to CW for reminding the rest of us of these efforts.

HH[/size]