Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector wars??

Ted S

Ok...So Nokta has a new machine coming out to target the Minelab Equinox. And Minelab has discontinued the e-trac. What will Minelab counter with? What are other companies up to? This may be interesting! Discuss please...

Ok...So Nokta has a new machine coming out to target the Minelab Equinox. And Minelab has discontinued the e-trac. What will Minelab counter with? What are other companies up to? This may be interesting! Discuss please...
Good question. Also why hasn't Minelab updated the Equinox shaft, even to put on the Vanquish shaft would be a great improvement.

I think we'll see a replacement for the CTX sometime next year. It will be faster, lighter and better built. But, coil choices will still be very limited.

I think it is a safe bet that ML is working on a replacement for the CTX 3030 (and likely an addition to the Nox line) but I kind of doubt either will be released in 2022.

Garrett has all but said they're working on a more premium smf detector. I'd be surprised if it is released in 2022.

Nokta-Makro has said they are working on a pulse machine. I won't be surprised if it is released in 2022, but don't really expect it. I do expect NM will release a 9X5 coil for the Legend sometime in 2022. I also think NM will release a new blue tooth pinpointer sometime in 2022.

Some rumors claim First Texas is working on a smf detector, but that seems unlikely given comments made by one of their engineers.

I'd be really surprised if XP releases a new machine in the next couple years. I do think XP will release additional coils for the Deus II, but probably not in 2022.

I think the big change, outside of the Legend and Deus II, will be a bunch of really good used machines (at decent prices) listed for sale in 2022. I think much of that will be driven by people wanting to try the Legend and/or Deus II, but there will also be people selling machines so they can buy the used Equinoxes, Deus, Anfibios, etc... that are being sold or traded in for a Legend and/or Deus II. I also think the Equinox will continue to be a very good selling machine.

Reading between the lines form from Nok/Mak i personally don't think the Legend will have Nox performance, I'd bet it's Apex level.
The Deus has never been as deep or as good at ID at depth as the Nox, but if they can match it with the Deus 2 then different game. In the UK the Deus was a favourite of the elderly because of its weight, the retired mid week hunters with plenty of disposable income will love it.
I'd bet money ML have a CTX replacement to compete with the Deus 2 price range next year.

I call it speculation theatre, yes minelab had roll out issues with the Equinox but look at the supply chain interruptions they didn't have to face. Deus and Nokta are in for an uphill climb not to mention Turkey's economy. All these companies have product in development we just have to see who has the deepest pockets and sharpest engineers!
HH Jeff

Good question. Also why hasn't Minelab updated the Equinox shaft, even to put on the Vanquish shaft would be a great improvement.
I have an Equinox 800 and a Vanquish 540. I prefer the straight shaft of my Equinox. I've never had any issues with the stock shaft. What don't you like about it?

Nokta is pretty competitive. You get a lot of bang for buck. Compare the $ of the simplex, Anfibio to other machines in their tier.

I think it is a safe bet that ML is working on a replacement for the CTX 3030 (and likely an addition to the Nox line) but I kind of doubt either will be released in 2022.

Garrett has all but said they're working on a more premium smf detector. I'd be surprised if it is released in 2022.

Nokta-Makro has said they are working on a pulse machine. I won't be surprised if it is released in 2022, but don't really expect it. I do expect NM will release a 9X5 coil for the Legend sometime in 2022. I also think NM will release a new blue tooth pinpointer sometime in 2022.

Some rumors claim First Texas is working on a smf detector, but that seems unlikely given comments made by one of their engineers.

I'd be really surprised if XP releases a new machine in the next couple years. I do think XP will release additional coils for the Deus II, but probably not in 2022.

I think the big change, outside of the Legend and Deus II, will be a bunch of really good used machines (at decent prices) listed for sale in 2022. I think much of that will be driven by people wanting to try the Legend and/or Deus II, but there will also be people selling machines so they can buy the used Equinoxes, Deus, Anfibios, etc... that are being sold or traded in for a Legend and/or Deus II. I also think the Equinox will continue to be a very good selling machine.
This is like beating a dead horse but I have it on very good authority that ML is coming out with a new machine but its not a new CTX which I believe is the last FBS machine still on the market. Frankly I don't know why we need another SMF machine unless it can identify deep targets like the CTX(at a more competitive price)