Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector

F2............................................................................................. [size=x-large]Seems to be different per the specs[/size]

Fisher® F2 Visual & Audio Target-ID Metal Detector
Versatile Multipurpose Performance
• 8-Segment visual Target Identification and 4-tone audio ID
•Fast, sensitive target response
•2-digit numeric target value
•One-touch pinpoint with numeric depth readout
•Coin depth indicator in motion search mode
•8” concentric searchcoil
•Lightweight - only 2.6 lbs (including batteries)
•Ergonomic S-Handle design
•Notch system for accepting or rejecting target categories
•Includes two 9 volt alkaline batteries
•Operating frequency: 5.9 kHz
•Download Manual
•Field Test Report
•Specifications

F4...................................................................

Fisher® F4 Visual & Audio Target-ID Metal Detector
Great All Purpose Detector
•High Deep Seeking Auto-Tune with Manual Ground Balance
•Visual Target-ID by Category
•Numeric 0-99 Readout
•11 Segment Digital Target-ID
•4 Tone Audio ID
•One Touch Notch
•One Touch Pinpoint with Numeric Depth Readout
•11” Bi-Axial Searchcoil
•Download Manual
•Field Test Reports
•Specifications

Recommended for:
Coin Shooting
Relic Hunting
Beach Hunting

The F4 has an all metal setting, the F2 kinda has one too but you have to keep the pinpoint button pressed down all the time to use it.
The F4 has a manual ground balance but only in all metal or pinpoint mode.
It WILL NOT transfer over to disc...no GB on the F2.
The 0 to 99 VDI numbers on the F4 screen are complete and could possibly show up over targets.
I believe the F2 skips a few but this is no big deal at all.
The F4 has a different coil but that can be purchased and will work on the F2 also.
8 vs. 11 visual target ID segments...
I never looked at those things once in 3 years...only the VDI numbers.

For the extra money vs. what you get I never thought the F4 was a great value at normal retail prices.
If you have difficult soil and hunt in all metal all the time it might have some advantages over the F2, but if you hunt in disc most of the time they are essentially the same unit but the F4 just costs more.
I know some hunters that got screaming great and cheap deals on used F4's so that is worth it.

I used the F2 in both horrible and great soils with concentric coils and did well...really well.
Never concentrated on going after really deep stuff, however...I had other detectors for that.

Most of the time I would advise one of the F2 multiple coil packages over the F4 as a better value for normal hunting, or save up a bit more and move up to the F5 which is much more advanced than either one and in a whole different class.
At $400 full retail price there are better values out there than the F4...my opinion only, of course.

Rumors say both will eventually phased out in favor of the F22 and F44 but we will see..

empty_pockets said:
Revier,
Heck of an answer, Thank You.

Your welcome.
If you want a Fisher, and I love this brand, check out the F44 if you don't want to get into the mid to high end right now.
Very interesting features for the money on this new one.