Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detectorist

As a detectorist I consider myself a treasure hunter no matter how small the find. Anything I find that is of value to me I consider treasure. That said, how many of you have heard of the hidden treasure of Forrest Fenn? Want to find out? Do a search for " The Hidden Treasure of Forrest Fenn in NM. I live in NM and would very much like to go search for this treasure. Won't be easy, it's been hidden for many years. Enjoy. Keith

Hmmm..yes, treasure hunter is what I consider myself also, although in a slightly skewed urban realm...I'll grab clad, hotwheel cars, towels, clothes, empty cans (10c each) and anything of value I see, like this pop up canopy abandoned at a soccer event, I fixed the busted leg and sold it for $20!...last year, I found this high end Bradington Young Executive leather chair along side the road in a guys trash as I was coming home from detecting, somehow got it stuffed it in the trunk...needed just a bit of repair in the swivel area, took me 10 minutes with a screwdriver! Popped it up on CL and got $125 for it!:thumbup: It retailed at nearly a grand...one of these days on an early morning foray I will find a big bag of money I figure...a guy cant find a thing sitting around the house!:rofl: I'd be all over a legendary treasure hunt like for Forrest Fenn...just on the principal of the whole deal!
Mud

I'm with you Mud, treasure is everywhere. I used to be a world class dumpster diver. The things folks throw away is unreal. When I worked at Holloman AFB I haunted the dumpsters there. The military is not know for its frugalness. I built a first class work bench and a reloading bench from the items they were throwing away. I miss that.

I knew a guy once who furnished his whole apartment with discards, except fo his couch and his bed. It really is amazing what people will throw out.

I have a Friend who cant detect due to Gout in his knees and he is a real bargain hunter so we hit Goodwill stores nearly every week.

I found a Mont Blanc ballpoint pen with Platinum trim at one of them. It appeared to have never been used. Retailed over $400.00. Paid less than three dollars for it. Posted it on Craigslist and sold it for a nice crisp Hundred dollar bill.

I have found other collectable items like Wagner and Griswold cast iron skillets. When the Parents/Grandparents pass away the family donates the stuff that they don't want. Quite frequently they do not know the value of what they are donating and the folks at Goodwill for the most part have no Idea what they just received.

If one knows the value of an item then Goodwill can be a good place to hunt treasure. But it is not as exciting as having a Nice Gold ring appear in the scoop.

My Wife hits those thrift shops, garage sales, and goodwills....One morning I went out hunting like usual, and she went out....I brought home maybe 5 bucks clad, heres what she brought home....:lmfao: To add insult, she weighed the stuff on my scales, wrote this note to us, and made me take a pic and post it here!:sadwalk:
Mud

That's awesome. Kudos to the wife. I never thought of that, just thought of thrift stores as second hand junk. This town is loaded with them. Think I will have to go exploring.

oldknifemaker said:
As a detectorist I consider myself a treasure hunter no matter how small the find. Anything I find that is of value to me I consider treasure. That said, how many of you have heard of the hidden treasure of Forrest Fenn? Want to find out? Do a search for " The Hidden Treasure of Forrest Fenn in NM. I live in NM and would very much like to go search for this treasure. Won't be easy, it's been hidden for many years. Enjoy. Keith

Here is the treasure of Forrest Fenn : http://www.amazon.com/The-Thrill-Chase-A-Memoir/dp/0967091780
It was written out of arrogance with his ego as the subject.
Every time he feels the need to add to his fortune he releases another clue.
There's one born every minute!!