Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detectors came in the mail finally!

fltacoma

Man am I happy! Just got done assembling the Compadres (one with 5.75 inch coil and one with 8 inch coil) and the silver Umax! These sure look sweet and cannot wait to take them out! I also received the Silver Sabre Umax from a fellow member on here and would like to thank him also, so needless to say it was Christmas yesterday with those packages :)

Boy howdy, let me tell ya lol

You will love those compadres!!!
I don't have any experience with the silver or the silver sabre but I've read good things!!!
Let us know how the work for you!!!

Just received a mint condition Bandido II Umax from a member, machines are still rolling in lol.

Nice! - Let me know when you get tired of that one... :bouncy:

Get to using all of those, and I think I can guess which will be your favorites.
I probably have enough Tesoros here, but may make room for a couple of their French and English models. Anyone with an Invincible they don't need..? I really need to find more time to get out, and some better sites to hunt...

Oh yeah! The "future additions" will be bought today and will show you the "Tesoro cave" when done :)

Haha that bandido II is gonna be nice for you!!!
I like either running the 5.75 or the 8 on mine.
I like the audio much better too than the newer current models. But to each their own.
Let us know how you get in with them!!!

I even bought a Tesoro banner and will take a pic when complete so you all can drool lol.

I think Pinenut hit it right on the head concerning more time to hunt. Most of us need that more than another detector even though anything worth having is worth having two (or more) of IMHO.
BB

BarberBill said:
I think Pinenut hit it right on the head concerning more time to hunt. Most of us need that more than another detector even though anything worth having is worth having two (or more) of IMHO.
BB

Funny (scary..?)... I'm up to three of one model. Hard to pass up a good deal... :spin:
I really DO need to spend more time outside using 'em. Been sort of cold here lately - had some ice and snow. Supposed to warm up a few degrees tomorrow.

Very well done on your new machines,they need to be used,i do own a few detectors myself albeit only a few Tesoro machines as for the most part they just dont sell well here in the UK as we tend too use other brand etc,but also i prefer to get out as much as i can detecting,its all right owning alot of detectors but if they are not being used then whats the point in owning them,you dont find things sat in front of a computer screen,they have to be used and not just sat in a corner looking for the next Tesoro detector.

Will be out alot of the festive season as it prime detecting time here in the UK,and on some rather interesting sites i may add,2 have produced some very nice hoards ;)

I have seen videos on people detecting in the UK and loving it when hoards are found. Yesterday I tool the B2MM out in the front yard and found a Wheaties that was combed over previously by my Cibola. In the back yard, I must have found over $1.50+ in change so far! The outlaw should be coming in the mail today and the Deleon and Cortes should be here this weekend :)

fltacoma said:
...Yesterday I tool the B2MM out in the front yard and found a Wheaties that was combed over previously by my Cibola. In the back yard, I must have found over $1.50+ in change so far! The outlaw should be coming in the mail today and the Deleon and Cortes should be here this weekend :)

Sadly, I think we share the same sickness... I need to quit looking at metal detectors. Unless I find some nice gold or big silver coin cache, my detectors will never be "paid for"...
When I die, my kids will probably just toss 'em anyway...right along with some other stuff I've collected (treasure to me). Guess I need to start tagging stuff I want them to keep, so at least they'll know what it is. :huh:

Pine nuts, how many detectors do you have?

Do you have the Lobo?

fltacoma said:
Do you have the Lobo?

Nope. Most of my Tesoros have a manual GB, and the few that don't (Cutlass μMAX, Silver Sabre μMAX and Cibola) are just for manicured parks. Haven't been into gold hunting, so never wanted a detector for that. ^_^

Of the two, I preferred the original Lobo by far due to the manual Ground Balance that was also died in with the Discriminate mode instead of preset like with the SuperTRAQ.

I did like them both, and have no use for one today, but if I came across a killer deal on an original Lobo with the right coils I preferred, I'd maybe pick one up.

Monte

Good mercy if I had ten detectors I would be sleeping in my dog's house,probably would have to pay him rent money:rofl::look: