Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detectors for kids?

SSuper

What is a good detector for kids (under 10)?

I want to get my nephew into this, but I don't wanna get a piece of junk. I also don't wanna spend lots in case he's not into it..

Nokta and minelab look like they have some decent children's detectors?

Who's been down this road?

I want to get my nephew into this, but I don't wanna get a piece of junk. I also don't wanna spend lots in case he's not into it..

Who's been down this road

I want to get my nephew into this, but I don't wanna get a piece of junk. I also don't wanna spend lots in case he'

I'd definitely look
at the Vanquish 340, super easy to use, $199.

Nokta has a good detector for the money.
I wouldn’t get a Chinese knock off detector though

For a small kid to an adult starting the Quest X5 and X10 are outstanding. Super light, another of the many features is the 0-99 vdi and tone choices. 1 has high tones for nickels.

Personally out of the ones mentioned, I would go with the Vanquiah… it can handle bad ground without needing to ground balance and uses AA batteries versus rechargeable batteries in the other ones..
If not used for extended periods, there is no worry about keeping the battery charged.
That large display is nice too along with the legend/ icons at the top… I’m not keen on that, but it will be helpful to a child learning the detector.

The nokta mini/midi horde looked appealing for the price?
My seven year old has a midi hoard. It a very good detector and adjust so it is almost long enough for me and I am 6’2”
And it is water proof. I got mine off the bat for under 80 dollars. It gives different tones and also i green light for a good target and red light for iron target.

Nothing like a Tesoro if you could find one nowadays. The Amigo or Compadre were great turn on and go.
Saw a couple on the big auction site.

I heard the Vanquish eat batteries for breakfast but sounds like a good deal at $200. Only problem is re-sale. Low end units dont hold much value.

Its always been a tough choice with so many machine out there. That's why my Tesoro was my 1st machine with Lifetime warranty !!!! Now look what's happened !!!

But still, a machine with a longer warranty is alway a good choice especially major brands. Definitely stay away from Made in China knockoffs.

By the way, after 20+ years my Tesoro is still going strong. Takes a likin' and keeps on giving !!!!

HH
Donna(NJ)