Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deteknix Xpointer battery life

Percy

The Xpointer is my favorite pin pointer right now ....only complaint is the battery life. I suspect it is due
the the led being so bright which is great if you need it. I don't use the back light so was wondering
if it is easily disconnected ? Perhaps the battery life would be improved. Thanks for any replies.

I have one as well and it does what I need it to. I used it for river detecting once until it started acting crazy. I opened it up and after it dried out for a day or two works like normal.
As far as disconnecting the led, I'm sure it could be done, but I doubt you would notice that much difference. One thing that makes a huge difference is battery quality. I once tried a cheap 'heavy duty' non-alkaline battery and the pin pointer lasted a few minutes.
I get an 8 pack of Amazon Basics for $10 and I think they are as good as premium Duracell or Energizer 9V batteries.

Zstricky
Thanks for your reply and yes I'm guilty of using the cheapo batteries. Will try the better batteries as you suggested.

I turn off the vibration option and only use the sound option on my Xpointer... that helps a lot too.

Percy said:
The Xpointer is my favorite pin pointer right now ....only complaint is the battery life. I suspect it is due
the the led being so bright which is great if you need it. I don't use the back light so was wondering
if it is easily disconnected ? Perhaps the battery life would be improved. Thanks for any replies.

I agree with you mate.

I've owned the Garrett, and the Makro pinpointer, and press to hard on the earth or sand and they falseetc...but I've owned the Orange Xpointer for 6+ months and all I can say is, it is ...ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.

MUCH better than the rest, IMHO.

Matt.

Why are we not using rechargeable. I think the last I bought were Ansman 300 mah and low self discharge meaning they will retain their charge for a year. I keep mine in a Prescription or Pill Bottle to keep them out of contact. (had one catch on fire in my pocket once)