Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 1 Gets It Done !!!

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors

Findmall Sponsor
A friend and I went to a 200+ year old church again today. He was using a Deus 1 with a 9" HF coil and was running Gary Blackwell's "hot and deep" program. After being hunted for 50 years or so, each target has to be checked carefully. He was able to find an 1823 Capped Bust Dime. To a lot of you, that may not seem like a great find but around here, that is exceptionally good. In that time period, people traded chickens, moonshine, vegetables, labor, etc. for store bought items.
Too, the standard Deus is an excellent machine when you take the time to learn it.... I don't know if this gentleman will upgrade or not. The D2 will have to prove itself to him, first.

The Spanish Silver I found there in February... HH Richard

Attachments

• Cell Phone 022.jpg
    Cell Phone 022.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Cell Phone 025.jpg
    Cell Phone 025.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 88
  • P2040017.JPG
    P2040017.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 94
  • P2040019.JPG
    P2040019.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 82
That 1823 Capped Bust Dime is a super find!!!! I would be doing a happy dance. A capped bust is still on bucket list.
I love your Spanish silver too! Imagine if those coins could talk the stories they could tell.

Nice finds hey I found my first 1835 capped bust 1/2 dime with my Deus 1 in a school yard with the 9” LF coil!
Mark

For most people, those are GREAT finds !!!! Kudos to both of you. Ive only found 1 Spanish reale and Id be thrilled to death to find another.
Dont think Ive found a capped bust yet. Old silver doesnt pop up at the beach too often. We;re lucky to find Merc's !!!!

Love my Deus 1. Id a used Deus 2 comes along, I might give it a try.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Capped bust's are a highly welcomed find . . . .seated's are getting boring, HA! who am I kidding.
I have only dug one CB and three half reals, looking for more. That old silver just does something to a feller. Starts off with a big smile . . and for those who like to do a dance, . . . a smile and a little Irish jig may occur. :cheers: Here's to old silver!

I am keeping my D1, I have a D2 and so far, I have not found anything that the D1 would not find. I think the D2 might be better on the beach, but time will tell.

Now that the Deus 2 is available, the original and its coils have become much more affordable. The 2 didn't make the 1 any less effective.