Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 around EMI

mas0n83

How is the D2 around EMI? Have you guys ran into spots that you can’t detect do to the detector being completely wireless that you could with other detectors

Being wireless or not has no bearing on the reception of EMI which comes through the coil and is perceived by the machine as an actual target. Things which bend to the influence EMI are freqs used and coil size. Sensitivity can be reduced to mitigate the noise it makes but doing so will ultimately rob you of performance. The D2 has been no better or worse than other machines I’ve used, typically EMI that cripples the D2 will cripple anything else IMO.

In my experience, the D2 is better than ctx/etrac, but worse than the Legend.

I prefer the D2, but have the Legend in the rig at all times, as I (and Ronstar) hunt in heavy emi areas.

Maybe I'm missing something with the D2 settigns, but the 4khz setting on the Legend cuts out the emi, most of the time.

Being wireless or not has no bearing on the reception of EMI which comes through the coil and is perceived by the machine as an actual target. Things which bend to the influence EMI are freqs used and coil size. Sensitivity can be reduced to mitigate the noise it makes but doing so will ultimately rob you of performance. The D2 has been no better or worse than other machines I’ve used, typically EMI that cripples the D2 will cripple anything else IMO.
I beg to differ I had a bfo detector that always got 2 inches of depth where ever I hunted . It did not have enough power to pick up emi lol just saying that detector had a steady beat just like your heart . sube

I beg to differ I had a bfo detector that always got 2 inches of depth where ever I hunted . It did not have enough power to pick up emi lol just saying that detector had a steady beat just like your heart . sube
🤣🤣🤣 I’m so glad I wasn’t detecting at that time, that’s just brutal😂

I’ve found the D2 to be fairly stable in most areas where I hunt. One area where the D1 was unusable the D2 worked fine.
Ray

Legend mono is way better than Deus mono. Just saying, if OP hunts in high emi. I get annoyed having to haul 2 detectors around-- deus and legend-- but it is what it is.

Long time deus 1 user. Can run it a frequency of 28 w/o losing much depth on high conductors when lower is impossible with high EMI and it does great. See how it does on the D2

If the EMI gets too intense try the Deus Mono program, only one frequency but at least you can still hunt the area, just choose the frequency that's the least effected by EMI.
Yes, this works. Single frequency and adjust sens until its stable, usually sens 92 or 93 works for me. I have a few sites with bad emi but I can get the D2 to run pretty quiet at these sites.

I have a spot I’ve detected since 1974. For me it’s the worst EMI of anywhere I’ve ever detected. What I appreciate about my testing detectors here is I’ve seen the evolution of analog to digital, low transmit power to higher, etc. the best detector I’ve ever seen around EMI was my Teknetics ST, late 80’s, early 90’s. What’s so amazing about that, the transmit power was 44 volts. With all that, quiet as a mouse under high power lines. The best modern detector here was the CTX 3030, could run max sensitivity here at times, excellent depth here too. I was digging 12-20 Minnie balls each hunt, in a place that was pounded, probably due to the other machines not working properly here. Now Deus 1, did really well here, still digging deep stuff behind almost 50 years of pounding. Now Deus 2, horrible here, useless it was so bad. I finally put it in mono, and it still didn’t match my old Deus 1, 3.2 software. I went back with the legend in 10 kH, banged out an eagle cuff. If you knew how rare it is to get a button here. I’ve only found 3-4 buttons in here in almost 50 years, but 100’s and 100’s of bullets. I love my Deus 2, just wish they could copy Minelab knocking out EMI. I didn’t like the Equinox but it was also great at handling EMI from the brief time I used it in Hawaii, the worst EMI on the planet, lol