Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 coil size question

BobM (Oregon)

Hi all,
I’m looking at purchasing a new Deus 2 to compliment the Deus 1 I’ve used for the last 6 years. I mostly detect parks, tot lots, public spaces and every once in a great while the beach etc. With the new FMF general purpose multi frequency coils available with a new purchase, would I be better served with a 9” or 11” coil for the type of detecting I generally do ?
To add I currently use the original LF and both 9” round and elliptical HF coils with the Deus 1 and intend to continue using it to compliment the Deus 2.
I welcome your thoughts, opinions and comments.
Best,
Bob

If you are looking for more ground coverage go with the 11.
If you are used to a 9 and like it stick with it.
Not a lot of difference in separation in the two.
They both are great coils.
Just my 2 cents

If you are looking for more ground coverage go with the 11.
If you are used to a 9 and like it stick with it.
Not a lot of difference in separation in the two.
They both are great coils.
Just my 2 cents
Agree with this.
The only thing you need to concern yourself is if the physical size of the 11" is going to hinder you in the areas you hunt.

Also, the 11” may suffer from a bit more EMI. Not sure how it responds vs a 9” in black sand. So, if the areas you hunt are prone to high EMI, you might want to take that into consideration.

I like lighter coils and went with the 9". Just ordered the nokta 9.5x 5.5 for the legend and don't think I'll ever use the 11" again.

Hi all,
I’m looking at purchasing a new Deus 2 to compliment the Deus 1 I’ve used for the last 6 years. I mostly detect parks, tot lots, public spaces and every once in a great while the beach etc. With the new FMF general purpose multi frequency coils available with a new purchase, would I be better served with a 9” or 11” coil for the type of detecting I generally do ?
To add I currently use the original LF and both 9” round and elliptical HF coils with the Deus 1 and intend to continue using it to compliment the Deus 2.
I welcome your thoughts, opinions and comments.
Best,
Bob
The 9" LF coil on the D1 was my favorite so I went with the 9" on the D2 its better for me in the woods and water.
Mark

My only problem with the 9" D2 coil is that it's pivot point is on the back of the coil. Big pita when water hunting.

Thanks again everyone !
A dealer recommended an 11” coil, my past experience with other machines suggested a smaller coil for better separation and ease swinging. The new Deus seems to be a different animal from the reports I’ve read. Having never used one, one wonders if separation and depth issues between coils are less of an issue and it’s simply more about what you’re comfortable using/swinging
Thanks again for the comments and thoughts.
Please continue.
Kind regards,
Bob

Thanks again everyone !
A dealer recommended an 11” coil, my past experience with other machines suggested a smaller coil for better separation and ease swinging. The new Deus seems to be a different animal from the reports I’ve read. Having never used one, one wonders if separation and depth issues between coils are less of an issue and it’s simply more about what you’re comfortable using/swinging
Thanks again for the comments and thoughts.
Please continue.
Kind regards,
Bob
I love my 11” coil - just found this token with it today- it was down 11””

Attachments

• IMG_5918.jpeg
    IMG_5918.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5917.jpeg
    IMG_5917.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49