Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 coils

Any idea when the Deus 2 coils be available, I have the 11 inch coil setup. Looking for a Deus 2 , 9 inch coil. Anyone have any idea when it will be available ?...thanks

Waiting since January. One person heard not till October, my dealer said few months 6 weeks ago then said can’t promise but May have with next shipment of Deus 2 ( any time). I’m rooting for by May.

Don't know when but I just got my 9" Deus II unit last week, it can hit my 11in dime and quarter with a good ID in Deep High Conductor at approximately 3 inches above the ground.
I was told a while back by someone on this forum that a coil can't detect at a distance that is deeper than the coil is wide, that is incorrect.

Don't know when but I just got my 9" Deus II unit last week, it can hit my 11in dime and quarter with a good ID in Deep High Conductor at approximately 3 inches above the ground.
I was told a while back by someone on this forum that a coil can't detect at a distance that is deeper than the coil is wide, that is incorrect.
The 9 is very deep. Very stable on the beach and in the salt water.

Yeah, tell that to the Minelab 6" coil, It will disagree

Yeah, tell that to the Minelab 6" coil, It will disagree
I agree. The minelab 6" isn't a deep coil in my opinion and it doesn't separate any better than the 11" in my testing. But the Coiltek 10x5 is almost as deep as the 11", it will hit my 11" coins. I sent my equinox 6" coil back very soon after receiving it, or I sold it I can't remember. All I know is that I saw no advantages to it except for the weight.
But the 9" Deus II coil is unbelievable, you just have to see it to believe it.
I'm still not completely happy with the Deus II, if the Equinox technology was in a Deus II hardware package I'd rather hunt with that.

I agree. The minelab 6" isn't a deep coil in my opinion and it doesn't separate any better than the 11" in my testing. But the Coiltek 10x5 is almost as deep as the 11", it will hit my 11" coins. I sent my equinox 6" coil back very soon after receiving it, or I sold it I can't remember. All I know is that I saw no advantages to it except for the weight.
But the 9" Deus II coil is unbelievable, you just have to see it to believe it.
I'm still not completely happy with the Deus II, if the Equinox technology was in a Deus II hardware package I'd rather hunt with that.
What I was referring to is the 6" Minelab EQ coil is a deep small coil the deepest small coil I have ever used.
I have use a few over the years.

What I was referring to is the 6" Minelab EQ coil is a deep small coil the deepest small coil I have ever used.
I have use a few over the years.
The coiltek 5x10 is much deeper in my soil.

Behind in my reading.... Why does everyone want a 9" vs 11" coil ??? I beach hunt and want as much coverage as I can possible get.
I always read that bigger coils go deeper.

Why the 9" ??? Better separation in iron ???

Inquiring minds would like to know ???

HH
Donna(NJ)

Better separation , lighter ,also depth with 9” is already very good. I really like the 11” and waiting for the 9” which I’ll likely use more, but they both have their place.

Behind in my reading.... Why does everyone want a 9" vs 11" coil ??? I beach hunt and want as much coverage as I can possible get.

HH
Donna(NJ)
The 9in is really deep for its size, the 11in is deeper IMO but not by much. When I go beach hunting I will use the 11in because of coverage and deep. But the 9in is just so enjoyable to swing. I've only hunted with it twice but I really like it.
I just wish Deus would do something about the tones, the Equinox tones are better IMO and the square tones just isn't the same.

HH
Donna(NJ)
For beach hunting I can think of a few good reasons ...
The smaller coil covers less area but has less ground noise to deal with.
The smaller coil pinpoints faster.
The smaller coil is lighter to swing.

For beach hunting I can think of a few good reasons ...
The smaller coil covers less area but has less ground noise to deal with.
The smaller coil pinpoints faster.
The smaller coil is lighter to swing.
& Separates better.