Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

deus 2 false on iron

i hunt in mostly 1700s-1800s sites loaded with iron but my deus 2 constantly falses off the edge of the nails. My deus 1 was no where near as bad. So far General program with some tweaking has ran the best but I prefer hunting with pitch tone but its way too hard to distinguish if its a target or falsing. Is there a better way to run the machine in heavy iron without all the false at the end of the swing? I have calabash's program but it just constantly false tone at the end of the swing.

I've noticed my D2 chatters more in Pitch than my D1 did in the heavy iron. In Gary Blackwell's video on V0.7, he mentions that the Bottle Cap reject is useful on misshaped iron. I plan to test that out in my next hunt.

Deep HC is particularly bad at this in my experience. Coming off the edge of an iron signal, I get a high tone and a solid, repeatable 86-87. Who’s to say it’s not a coin right next to a piece of rusty iron? I’m getting better at reading these signals but I nearly always dig them, and I get irritated when I’m right. You’re right, I don’t remember the Deus 1 falsing this way.

Deep HC is particularly bad at this in my experience. Coming off the edge of an iron signal, I get a high tone and a solid, repeatable 86-87. Who’s to say it’s not a coin right next to a piece of rusty iron? I’m getting better at reading these signals but I nearly always dig them, and I get irritated when I’m right. You’re right, I don’t remember the Deus 1 falsing this way.
Kapok, I couldn't agree more. Took the D2 to one of my old colonial sites today and just focused on using Deep HC. Falsing drove me nuts. Those old crusty chunky nails came in at 87. Usually just changing the sweep angle gave it away as iron but not always. I cranked up both Silencer and Bottle Cap Reject but and that helped with the falsing a lot but I don't like to use that much filtering. I used Deep HC with V0.6 and didn't have that much falsing. I'm going to go back to using Pitch or IAR until I figure out what's going on with Deep HC.