Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 puck holder

I have a question gentleman. I would like to mount the Deus 2 puck onto the stem where the remote would normally go. I know they make the puck holder that will clip onto the stem for puck to go into. Do I also need the jack clip to go with this? If I do, does the jack clip fit into this holder and do I now have to use it with only wired headphones? or can wireless still be used. Thanks

Just get the puck stem mount only. You can only use wired phones for which you’ll also need to get the WS4 ( same for 6 ) headphone adapter. XP will offer a plain wireless receiver headset that will work with the puck it’s not yet available. You can get the wristband for it and wire to regular headphones or buds- I’d attach it to my pouch so the wire is not in my way and I can see the target ID and change settings.

The stem holder for the ws4/ws6 does not have a port for wired headphones.

You would need a clip jack for wired headphones.

This accessory allows you to use wired headsets of your choice with 3.5mm audio jack and connect them to the WS4/WS6

The clip jack will also slide into the stem holder

With this configuration the module can be stored in your pocket, around the neck. or on the stem.

Indeed how did you get that to work XP doesn’t use Bluetooth tech.
:You're right XP doesn't use Bluetooth, they are just regular ear buds. The adapter uses 1/8th (3.5 mm) just like
HuntinDog said. Plug earbuds into adapter and your're good to go. Been using that setup on D1 for years.
If you don't want to be tethered to your machine just put ws6 in shirt pocket or get a pouch with lanyard around
your neck.

I have done the same as the vid with the Deus, except I plug in a bluetooth transmitter into the puck and connect wirelessly to my ear buds.
Yup i do the same with my remote with the bluetooth transmitter and put it in my coat pocket, then i use my miccus sr71 wireless
headphones i used for my equinox works great no lag. Also added a inline volume controller to it to.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. Now I have to find who sells these holders and the clip jack.
Say YKey, was there a certain bluetooth transmitter that works with the puck and or remote? Headphones you say are of the miccus sr71 model. Didnt they update that phone and have heard now they wont work.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. Now I have to find who sells these holders and the clip jack.
Say YKey, was there a certain bluetooth transmitter that works with the puck and or remote? Headphones you say are of the miccus sr71 model. Didnt they update that phone and have heard now they wont work.
What i use, The bottom link is a lowered price one. On the miccus headphone issue i heard some work and some dont on that 5.0 version. I put a link to some wireless headphones they should work
there aptx lowlatency. There's more on amazon just have to look and make sure there aptx low latency.

Thank you YKey for the links. Now Im not very tech savy so bare with me here. For me to use the puck and mount on the stem I need the jack clip from Deus. So in this configuration I would need the phones that you gave me the link for from amazon and also the transmitter. Now I assume I plug in the transmitter into the jack clip and headphones should work correctly. Where to mount the transmitter? Those phones on the link sure look like the equinox minelab phones. Would those work and then would only need the transmitter? Thanks, Steve

Yup you need to use the puck with the headphone jackpiece on it and plug the transmitter in the headphone jack. You could use velcro strips and put it on the deus stem and a piece behind the
transmitter to stick to each other. You have to pair the headphones to the transmitter for them to work. Me i just put the puck in my pouch or in my pocket with the transmitter in it and use my miccus headphones. Or you could get rid of all that and use the WS4'S headphone's. Or buy a set of quest headphones for the XP Deus puck, and slide that puck on to it and not worry about a transmitter.
Yes they look like equinox headphones and an included headphone case to. And they will work if you open that link and click the word Ratings in Blue letters you will see people mentioning they work with the equinox and they will work with the Deus also. I'm using the Miccus headphones and they work great so comfy on the ear's better than the WS4 headband. Did you get the msg i sent you ?