Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 relic mode, to notch or use the IAR rejection

Anyone have experience with use of the relic mode on the Deus 2. I know we can now notch with the newest update. I have only did some minor garden testing with the relic mode and just cant test it in my yard on account of the emi acting on the lower frequency weighted mode. From the little I have tested in this mode it appears that the higher IAR you dial in; 1-5 IAR you loose some depth. I guess im wondering if we should leave the IAR off and use notch instead, as the form of discrimination. Is it the notch settings or higher descrim settings that kill depth or both perhaps. Any users do this comparence test? Thanks

I tried just zero, then zero all the way up to 40. It always sounded less robust with notch on. I think the more notch the worse it sounded.

Thanks, I will have to get in the woods away from emi and do some experimentations on those settings. And Im sure your ground is going to be different than mine which will play a factor. Thanks much.

You may have to notch up to 87 to eliminate that crusty rusty misshaped iron that gives a nice sound and an enticing VDI. ;) The few times I have used it, I have set the AR at 3 or 5,depending on the amount of iron, and Notch 0-6. Not sure the Notch makes a difference. Need to play with it more.

You know Im wondering if the lower IAR #s, like 1-3 is really the same or close to a notch setting of 0-8. 4-5 IAR might be the same as setting 9-10 on notch. If we go over 10 descrim/notch or 5 IAR do we start loosing depth. Got to play and experiment with all this. Did you say you had both IAR and notch going at the same time? I wonder what that does to a deep signal? Sounds redundant with both settings low and on at the same time. Thanks, Steve