Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 Update Troubleshooting

I posted this on another forum as well, but I can't figure out why my remote and WS6 won't update.

I tried to update a Deus 2 on Saturday, and the software would never see the remote or the WS6. I tested the USB port, and it works with a thumb drive, no problem.

I used the three headed cable for the remote, and the single cable for the WS6.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for the help.

--Matt

I had no problem using my old computer at work with I believe windows 7 .Took a few minutes I used the three way charger cord that's probably your problem
Mark

That's how I was doing it, I think it may be some problems with the PC I'm using. That's the only thing I can think of. It seems to be working for everyone....

Anybody else have any ideas?

--Matt

I posted this on another forum as well, but I can't figure out why my remote and WS6 won't update.

I tried to update a Deus 2 on Saturday, and the software would never see the remote or the WS6. I tested the USB port, and it works with a thumb drive, no problem.

I used the three headed cable for the remote, and the single cable for the WS6.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for the help.

--Matt
I had the same issue. I went back to the Deus site and downloaded the Update again. Worked for me the 2nd time around.

I downloaded it again with the same results. Maybe the Kid-proofing software doesn't like the updater, even though I turned it off.

Anyhow, got the old laptop out and the updater worked just like in the videos.

Thanks for the help!

--Matt

I saw you guys updating it from a laptop,which you can’t do on the original Deus,,so is the new Deus 2 different for the update?

I saw you guys updating it from a laptop,which you can’t do on the original Deus,,so is the new Deus 2 different for the update?
I used to update my Deus with my laptop all the time. As long as it has a USB port it doesn’t matter whether it’s a desktop or laptop. Speaking of which, Rogue, maybe you have an older PC with a USB 1 or 2 port? Those older versions may not work. Just a thought.

I used to update my Deus with my laptop all the time. As long as it has a USB port it doesn’t matter whether it’s a desktop or laptop. Speaking of which, Rogue, maybe you have an older PC with a USB 1 or 2 port? Those older versions may not work. Just a thought.
I tried both the 2.0 and the 3.0 ports. I'm an old school "Brute Forcer", so there were lots of restarts, shutdowns, updates, downloads, and re-downloads in the process.

Then I remembered I had the old laptop....

🤣🤣🤣

--Matt