Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 3.0 pinpoint behavior question

Ism

Since receiving my new Deus coil replacement for the defective one, I have had a minor issue that may be just inherent in v3.1. Before I contact Detector Electronics I wanted to bounce the question of other members.
When switching from Program to the Pinpoint mode, I get a sound like an audio tone discharge. Like a tone pop and then fading quickly.
Pinpoint works fine and the detector seems to work fine. I got v3.0 upgrade at the same time I sent my detector in for repairs so I don't know if this is normal or not.
I re-flashed to v2.0 and then back to v3.1 to see if maybe there was a difference between what was in the coil and what is in the control box/headset, but re-flashing didn't change anything.
I haven't switched between programs much, but I occasionally got the same characteristic tone discharge switching between programs but haven't noticed it since I re-flashed v3.1.

So is this something everyone with v3.1 has experienced? If not I will follow-up with Detector Electronics.

Thanks for the quick response. This also occurred before I exchanged the previous coil. I will make a video to send to Detector Electronics and see if they can diagnose it.
Somehow I think there is a problem with the communication between devices (Phones/box/coil). I don't think this particular problem is within the coil though.
Yesterday my coil went undetected for about 30 seconds. Then it linked up. Thought I was going to have to pair the coil in the field.
This detector is high tech so if its displaying one symptom, it could be affecting the proper operation of the whole device.

Yes I get the same sound. I have switched back to 2.0 and do not get the sound anymore. If you find out what is causing it let me know too.

I run V3.1 and have never heard the symptom you are describing?:shrug: 90% of the time though I don't use the pinpoint option at all. I just "wiggle back the coil towards me,and when the tone breaks,the target is dead center in front of the coil!:thumbup: