Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DEUS AND CTX COMPARISON VIDEO

If you guys have any ideas on how I could set the deus up a little better im all ears...

We all appreciate the time you invested in doing the video and every piece of information shows something that we can learn from.

A few thoughts . . . . . . and this is not simply because I use the Deus because as many of you know, I am a Minelab user from Day #1 and have many hours on the CTX 3030 as well as most other Minelab models. I use what works FOR ME and if something better comes around for the type of hunting I am doing (and there are a number of different types I do), I am willing to give it a try and possibly switch if it works better.

All too often the only aspect of aa machine that people look at is raw depth . . . and depth is important but factors such as discrimination, stability, ease of use and weight come into play as well.

When one compares the Deus to the stock CTX 3030, you are comparing a 9" coil to an 11" coil so there is an advantage right there . . . . with the pending 11" coil from XP, the playing field gets leveled a bit.

Weight . . . . balanced or not, 5.3 pounds is still 5.3 pounds and at the end of an 8 hour day in the woods or fields, one can feel it.

The recovery on the Deus is clearly faster than Minelab's FBS detectors - from the Explorer thru the CTX 3030. Most of the time when I use the E-Trac I have the 6x8 SEF coil on and the 6" on the CTX - it simply can't recover quick enough with the 11" coil in high trash which is where many keepers reside. The Deus with the 9" coil and Reactivity at 1 or 2 will handle these conditions better than the CTX or E-Trac can even with the smaller coil - and this is based on comparing in ground targets before recovery.

Does the TID drop off at depth? Yes, but I would rather get a tone that says DIG rather than relying on a display that is taking a wild guess (not saying this is the Minelab but other brands do that)

I always say there are no bad detectors - some do a better job for certain applications than others. If there was really one detector that did it all, the other companies would be out of business. With that said, when I load up the van for some hunting I often have both the E-Trac and CTX as well as a few other detectors along with the Deus to ensure I have the bases covered and can check signals before recovering them - I do get some odd looks when I have three detectors with me walking around a park.

Use what works for you and if an Ace 150 meets yor needs, then a CTX 3030 or Deus is simply overkill . . . . . remember why we are out there - to enjoy our time away from the hassles of life

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:
We all appreciate the time you invested in doing the video and every piece of information shows something that we can learn from.

A few thoughts . . . . . . and this is not simply because I use the Deus because as many of you know, I am a Minelab user from Day #1 and have many hours on the CTX 3030 as well as most other Minelab models. I use what works FOR ME and if something better comes around for the type of hunting I am doing (and there are a number of different types I do), I am willing to give it a try and possibly switch if it works better.

All too often the only aspect of aa machine that people look at is raw depth . . . and depth is important but factors such as discrimination, stability, ease of use and weight come into play as well.

When one compares the Deus to the stock CTX 3030, you are comparing a 9" coil to an 11" coil so there is an advantage right there . . . . with the pending 11" coil from XP, the playing field gets leveled a bit.

Weight . . . . balanced or not, 5.3 pounds is still 5.3 pounds and at the end of an 8 hour day in the woods or fields, one can feel it.

The recovery on the Deus is clearly faster than Minelab's FBS detectors - from the Explorer thru the CTX 3030. Most of the time when I use the E-Trac I have the 6x8 SEF coil on and the 6" on the CTX - it simply can't recover quick enough with the 11" coil in high trash which is where many keepers reside. The Deus with the 9" coil and Reactivity at 1 or 2 will handle these conditions better than the CTX or E-Trac can even with the smaller coil - and this is based on comparing in ground targets before recovery.

Does the TID drop off at depth? Yes, but I would rather get a tone that says DIG rather than relying on a display that is taking a wild guess (not saying this is the Minelab but other brands do that)

I always say there are no bad detectors - some do a better job for certain applications than others. If there was really one detector that did it all, the other companies would be out of business. With that said, when I load up the van for some hunting I often have both the E-Trac and CTX as well as a few other detectors along with the Deus to ensure I have the bases covered and can check signals before recovering them - I do get some odd looks when I have three detectors with me walking around a park.

Use what works for you and if an Ace 150 meets yor needs, then a CTX 3030 or Deus is simply overkill . . . . . remember why we are out there - to enjoy our time away from the hassles of life

Andy

Well said Andy and I couldnt have said it better, thats coming from a Deus/3030 user beilive me im pretty blessed to have both.

Absolutely! Very well said Mr. Sabisch! Lol... That's why I did the video with the two machines because all I have seen are depth test we know these machines get good depth but a lot of times recovery is your best good buddy!! Lol