Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus boot camp cancelled

DigDugNY

I'm sure it might be the same for the other ones, but I was signed up to go the Fishkill NY boot camp in June. For anyone who is supposed to go, I got an email the other day and Andy got a new job and he won't be able to do the boot camps at the moment. I totally understand the situation.. Just unfortunate cuz I was really looking forward to it.

Got the same email... stinks to say the least but I understand. Now to make a decision on what to do with the hotel I booked LOL.

Was that just for the NY boot camp? I paid for the Cincinnati boot camp in July.....hopefully that is still on.

Definitely a disappointment. I was going to the Petersburg VA one. Maybe they will be rescheduled soon.

Got my money back for the Petersburg bootcamp, but lost $90 some dollars on a NON refundable hotel room! Not very happy about that!

I am sure nothing can compare with being at a boot camp in person, but when that is not possible maybe some sort of live streaming conference mode type of boot camp for those that are just to far away........ most have web cams of one sort or another, works for me at work I have more web conferences these days then in person conferences.

Just a thought
All the Best
DFB

I'm not singling out the XP or any other machine (The XP is probably the most advanced along with a CTX with GPS) but from my perspective, Metal detecting is still stuck in the old days when Radio Shack was the place you went to buy a computer (TRS-80). Sure those days were fun and exciting,but the technology has surpassed even the wildest dreams of anyone who remembers a 360K floppy disc.. With everything that is available technology wise, I think it's sad that none of the manufacturers are taking advantage of the availability of the Internet to teach (aftermarket providers as well) and inform. Not to mention improving the machines themselves. I, like many others, rely on information portals like Youtube (Youtube University) to learn about many different types of complex technologies from Electronics to CNC machining, there is someone, somewhere making a video about it. Not so much in the Metal Detecting arena. (Yes, there are some, but with the amount of people involved in this activity, I would think that more in depth video's would be available.
Also, the cost of making a DVD is MINUSCULE compared to what it was 10 years ago. I remember paying $10.00 PER DISC and thousands of dollars for the Video Programs to edit and convert the footage from VHS decks...Now, you can edit a video from your smart phone that looks every bit as good as commercial productions. Go pros can video in 4k for crying out loud!
I'm sure that owners of various machines would be MORE THAN WILLING to shell out $50.00 for a DVD that took the machine down to the fundamentals. Ground differences can be dealt with easily. DVD's can have chapters from simple to complex. Even a series would be a good thing.

Just my thoughts.

Gary, from the UK has an excellent series of videos on the XP Deus. On You Tube. Along with Andy's book: The DEUS Handbook. Who needs a Boot Camp?