Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus Bootcamp

smkunder

Just returned from Deus Bootcamp today, what a great experience Andy and Charlene, put on. I learned so much today on what settings are really effective here in the US and how to tweak when required. I was almost to the point of selling my Deus due to my frustration level. After this bootcamp experience I have a whole new feeling for this machine. Thanks to Andy and Charlene Sabisch for their dedication to this hobby and helping me to grow with this unit. If you have the chance to attend one of these events it is money well spent!!!

smkunder said:
Just returned from Deus Bootcamp today, what a great experience Andy and Charlene, put on. I learned so much today on what settings are really effective here in the US and how to tweak when required. I was almost to the point of selling my Deus due to my frustration level. After this bootcamp experience I have a whole new feeling for this machine. Thanks to Andy and Charlene Sabisch for their dedication to this hobby and helping me to grow with this unit. If you have the chance to attend one of these events it is money well spent!!!

Hi Steve,
Yes it really was worthwhile to go to the bootcamp. It was nice to meet everyone and get acquainted with Andy and Charlene.
I feel a lot more confident now with the Deus.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
smkunder said:

Hi Steve,
Yes it really was worthwhile to go to the bootcamp. It was nice to meet everyone and get acquainted with Andy and Charlene.
I feel a lot more confident now with the Deus.

Can you be more specific?
What exactly did you pick up on that you were surprised to learn or were unaware of?
Inquiring minds want to know:)

Appreciate the feedback and glad that you found the day to be of value.

As far as sprchng's post asking for specifics, what "ah-hah" moments some might say "I already knew that" often make the difference between someone making great finds and selling their detector. We have both experienced and newbies in the Bootcamps and each get out what will take them to the next level. The "ah-hah" moments are different for each person and the content is tailored based on what each person is looking for . . . hence the reason why videotaping a session does not really work. What cover in Michigan was different than what we covered earlier this month in Virginia and different than what we covered in Pennsylvania . . . and getting that tweaked so that attendees get their questions answered is not an off-the-shelf project. The addition of co-instructors such as Todd Yerks (CTTodd) and Hugh Campbell for the previous two Bootcamps to name but a few seasoned hunters is another custom to the audience piece that comes into play. So to ask "What exactly did you pick up on that you were surprised to learn or were unaware of?" simply invites the response of "Heck I already knew that" . . . . of course, what they already knew might have been your "ah-hah" moment.

I still grab any book, magazine or training I can on the subject of treasure hunting and the way I look at it, if there is just one "ah-hah" take-away from what I read or attend, it has been money well spent.

I will say that the finds that past attendees have shared and continue to do tells us that their abilities in the field took a step jump and they are getting out of the detector what they had hoped for their type of hunting and in their area.

Andy & Charlene Sabisch

One thing I learned is if you set the Deus to detect in 4kHz it automatically puts the machine in a TX Power of 3 which is the highest setting and there is no way
to set it to a lower setting. For some reason, that's just the way it is.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around other things. A lot was covered. I have to go over my notes.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
One thing I learned is if you set the Deus to detect in 4kHz it automatically puts the machine in a TX Power of 3 which is the highest setting and there is no way
to set it to a lower setting. For some reason, that's just the way it is.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around other things. A lot was covered. I have to go over my notes.

Good info Tony , thanks.
Definitely proves the devil's in the details.;)

Andy & Charlene definitely put on a great bootcamp. I was also frustrated with my Deus. Now I understand it and how it works. The thing I found amazing was that none of the factory programs are made for what we deal with in North America. They are made for European conditions, they will work, but not to the full potential that the Deus is capable of.

I have visions of people in camo crawling through mud under barbed wire screaming tx set at 2 sir sir yes sir , disc at 6 sir now up the rope ground notch engaged at correct levels sir, beware enemy approaching they are carrying fully loaded ctx :punch: no fear solder attack on all fronts take no prisoners we will take this coin field by force have your back phones ready and listen for my command to dig in hard.

I also think that point impressed me the most, that using for your individual area is always the best ,and to not take all the programs on the internet too serious, because what works for one area may be terrible in another. Just to keep it simple and concentrate on what the machine is telling you. I will now slow down and try to concentrate on this more and stop switching programs all the time.