Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DEUS coil battery life?

Foiled

Hi, I got my XP Deus about two months ago, the remote and headphones are showing full but the coil battery dies after two hunts for a few hours. Is this normal and what kind of life are you getting out of your coil compared to headphones and remote? Twice I've gone out and the battery has died 20 minutes into a hunt and the phones and remote show full or 3/4 full. It's not not like it does it gradually either, I look and there's one bar left, then it shuts off in about two minutes and I'm walking along wondering why I'm not getting any hits. My fault for not checking but this seems bad and I don't think I should have to worry about checking it so often. I have the 11 inch coil if that matters. Is there any way to turn the coil off when it's sitting in the house doing nothing or does it really go into standby mode? Kinda sucks that there's nothing you can do after driving a half hour to hunt somewhere and your coil battery dies when the other things are charged.

I'm thinking I found the answer myself in of all places, the manual. :lol: So the coil battery life is pretty much half of what the other components are. 15 hours for coil, 27 hours for remote and headphones? Maybe I'm not charging as often as I thought.

Hi Foiled, I got me the phone charger at 2600 Amh, and when my coil get to half I use it to charge the coil and not have to charge the headphones and remote as offen. I got mine from the big E--b and they work fine. I have two now and order some for friends.

You should get about 15 hours on a 3 hour charge.
Make sure the coil charging pads are clean and just double check the charger clip is making good contact.
Don't be tempted to wiggle the Clip, give it about 10 seconds to light up after you put it on.