Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus Coil Battery

Hobo lobo

Can someone tell me? Does the detector have to be sent to the Mfg.to have the battery in the coil changed and if so how long will the batt. last?.............Thanx.

No, you can do it yourself: video. Can't actually remember hearing of anyone who had to change it yet. As far as I know this info is still true: "The LiPo batteries are designed to bear hundreds of charges and to last several years in your detector, thus resulting in significant savings in terms of purchase of batteries. After 400 charging cycles the battery still has 80% of its capacity, which then gradually begins to decrease over subsequent cycles. As an indication, the batteries should last for around 3 to 5 years when used on a weekly basis." There's a two years warranty on the batteries.

havent heard of any users in the UK changing the coil battery yet ,its not common so far .
easy to do using the potting kit when it happens to fail.

The batteries in the control unit and headphones are easily replaceable at home but the coil may have an issue with sealing it to ensure moisture does not get into the guts. It is doubtful that you would need to worry about it for a while as most original units - 2+ years old - are still working fine on the original batteries, but if you do need to replace it, the US Service Center can do the replacement and get the coil make sealed properly in 2 days or less.

I'd be one that woudl pay a little more to make sure it was done right do avoid an expensive issue down the road.

Either way, you woudl not be out the use of the detector for much time at all.

Hope this helps

Andy Sabisch

My first Deus is over 2.5 years old and the battery is still fine.

It needs charging up more often about every 9 hours.

Thats no problem if I forget (touch of dementia at nearing seventy eight ) :) as it can be recharged as I detect using the AA battery pod on a 3-4 foot lead. Jerry.:beers: