Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus coil cover issue

Lodge Scent

Hi Folks,

I’m loving the new Deus I got for Christmas. What a great machine! I managed to use it a few times before we got whacked with 2 feet of snow this week. Last time out detecting, I had the coil cover fall off several times while hunting in a spot with a lot of brush and briars. It’s just a bit aggravating to have to stop and put it back on. It’s a simple enough fix to secure it with a couple of wire ties or those thin Velcro straps before I head out next time, but I would like to know if the tendency to fall off is “just the way it is” with coil covers. I never used them on my White’s machine.

Besides its great performance, a couple of things really impressed me about the Deus. First was how easy it was to understand how the various settings interact and create programs to suit my needs. I also love the ability to change programs on the fly with just the push of a single button. Another thing that caught my attention was that the Deus is very accommodating when it comes to coil speed. It hits pretty hard on most targets whether I am swinging the coil fast or slow.

More snow coming Monday so it may be weeks before I can get out again.:cry: I am looking forward to gaining some experience with the Deus. Need to work on my “listening skills”. I appreciate all the great knowledge being shared on this site. It has helped me a lot. :thumbup:

Regards,

Jeff

I'd get with the dealer. My coil cover is very tight and couldn't possibly fall off. You've got a defect somewhere.

If one takes the time to learn what each of the simple settings do, then optimizing the Deus is as easy as pie. Great machine, and the first VLF i've used in my hot soil that didn't have me fearing I was missing mid depth to deeper targets.

Agree with Bobby; that's a pain you shouldn't have to deal with. See if you can get it exchanged. If the next one also falls off, then the size of your coil is probably off...ask for a new one.

Before my 9 inch coil failed early on, the cover came off fairly easy with a few pulls, but would never fall off. The replacement coil with cover came and I have to work a bit harder to get the cover off.

X3
I've had my Deus for 3yrs and never had any of the covers come off easily.
Contact your dealer or XP Americas and have a replacement sent to you.
You can ziptie it on until a new one comes.

HH&GL