Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus Control cover case

Mtcooley

Is there any neoprene or canvas control covers for the Deus here in the USA ?
I have seen a few in the UK, but not many choices here in the US.

They have a silicone case for the control unit . . . . .and you might take the unit into a store that sells iPod accessories and see what they have to offer

Andy

I went to a $5 and Below store and bought an iPhone 5 armband case, cut the straps off and cut an arch shape int the backside for the attachment to the shaft. It works great and was cheap!

Great Idea, I put mine in a ziplock baggie. I hated it!!

You can buy these on Ebay for $13.99 and the control box fits perfectly inside. Be VERY careful how you mount the clip on the back of the case. It has to be as close to the bottom as you can or it won't slide onto the machine. The model you want is the WS-12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CS1yKfl5go

jspeedy said:
samandnoah said:
But where do you get the XP Deus clip to attach to the back of the case?
Thx
Rich

It comes with the Deus. It will be on the upper shaft.

Sorry if I'm being dense, but...huh? I assumed that the "clip" would be an accessory that looks like the clip on the back of the control box, and then clip into the piece on the top of the stem.

Is the solution here (I've seen the video before, but I've missed this point -- and have had my same question since I first saw it!) to remove that clip on the top of the stem? And then attach it to the box, and have it attach to the stem as the on-board clip does? Doesn't that prevent you from using it without the cover? Like I said, I feel like I'm missing something basic.

If it really means you can't use the control box without the cover, I'm not sure I love the solution. I'd rather be able to buy a plastic clip that mirrors what's molded into the back of the control unit. It'd be like the WS4 wireless headphone adaptor, except for the control box.

Thanks!
Rich