Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus Fast Mode Hunt

dbado1

This past Sunday I took the Deus with 9" HF coil to a very trashy old home site. I've hit this site before with the Nox 800 about four our five times and my buddy hit it once with a CTX. Lots of EMI as there are power lines on two sides of the lot. I hunted in Deus Fast, 30 kHz (seemed to handle EMI best), audio response 4...all else = factory settings. I was very surprised at the amount of non ferrous targets recovered. We left last time because we got bored with so few non ferrous targets. The Deus really performed well in the trash.

[attachment 363611 IMG_0333.jpg] [attachment 363612 IMG_0332.jpg]

At first, I thought I had found a cannon ball as there is an old 1880s fort near by. After closer inspection, I don't think it's a cannon ball. Perhaps a ball from a ball mill? Weighs four pounds on the dot. Lots of clad,a really nice old copper cameo, and my first Chinese coin! Circa 1889-1908. Also, a neat copper plate that states right where I was....

[attachment 363613 IMG_0331.jpg]
"Prescott"
"Yavapai Co., Arizona"

It was a beautiful sunny Arizona winter day. Merry Christmas.

Dean

Thanks Martygene!
I think it's because the coil was properly broken in by it's previous owner :cool:.

Dean

nice finds Always go over spots with 2 machines it pays off I do my nox and deus

I went back to this lot today to see if I could pull anymore goodies from it . To my dismay, the trees have all been removed and the place has been graded and staked .:veryangry:. The building boom is taking it's toll. Another great site gone.

Dean