Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus for competition hunting

Rick(ND)

We will have our annual club hunt next Saturday and thinking on using my New Deus that I haven't used yet this year and wonder if anyone has used one for this purpose and how you set it up to do the best. Sounds like it will be all clad coins and silver and not sure on any nickles being in the hunt, but want to be prepared. I would like any ideas a person has.

Thanks
Rick

Rick,

I think you will find the Deus to be well suited for competition hunting due to its weight, response time and recovery time.

The figure below is a suggestion in terms of setting it to cherry pick the field with the targets you mentioned:

[attachment 274529 CompetitionHunt.jpg]

As far as settings, I would set the tones far enough apart for the two accepted regions to allow you to ID targets without having to check each one.

Set the SILENCER at "2" or "3" if there is rusted iron in the area.

Run the SENSITIVITY at "80" as targets will not be deep (I assume they are buried for the hunt)

Let me know if you want some other settings to help you in the event

Andy

I was just tinkering with it earlier today by reading your book and trying to understand this detector more. The settings I come up with are pretty much what you posted as I felt I didn't need so much sensitivity and dropped it to 75, disc at 42 with only one notch from 48-70 I believe it was and run the reactivity at 2 and the silencer at 2 as I wanted to swing the coil fast and yet hear the signals well without a lot of chatter. I was trying full tone and 5 tones and may go with the full tones as I am not sure yet and will do a little more experimenting before Saturday. I tried it indoors on my bar floor( I was working at the time) that is full of nails and it ran real smooth and notice most coins would give me a decent signals even with all the nails, enough to get my attention.

Thanks for your input Andy.

Rick