Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus GOLD

DrJoeprime

My trusty Deus (with the big coil) got me another gold ring (7th for the Deus). At my local beach in the dry sand about 6" deep. It sang out a hard but sweet medium tone (DRY SAND beach program) at 18K Hz with 55 on the screen. [Nickels hit hard at 62 - 64, pulltabs at low 70's. Mid 40's for the lightest ladies rings]. It's a nice initial ring, 14K weighing in at 3.2 grams.

Not a recent drop, I believe, and so passed up by at least a half dozen detectorists..this place is hard. Somehow the Deus "locks" onto gold and gives a real hard signal with a lot of sweetness. The one exception was a light filigree ring last year that had a small harsh overtone. I think the holes put out the harshness.

Also hit an iPod close to the surface...an overload signal. Also 2 junker rings one of which was a heart stopper for about 5 seconds...rings are sitting on the iPod in the photo.

Gotta LOVE my Deus!

Regards, Joe