Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus in Virginia

This was what the V4 program was going to help with. A lot Deus owners then could go up to Culpepper Hunts

It really depends on where you are digging in VA. There is mineralized ground and then there is Culpeper, VA mineralized ground. I can't use my Deus consistently in that super hot ground. I do good bit of hunting in good ground in both VA and MD where hot rocks are rare.

I have an infinium ls pulse. I'm looking into the stock 10"x14" dd coil so it will push deeper. I have been told to get a small coil for it instead. I want to max my performance so this decision is critical to me.

Are you specifically hunting in Culpeper at Digging in VA (DIV) events? If so, your Deus won't work well. Yes, in the Gold Field program, you can hear targets but the VDI isn't going to work and your auditory signal will sound the same for ferrous and non-ferrous targets. First generation pulse machines (Whites TDI and Garrett Infinium) go deeper in mineralized ground but also suffer in their capability to consistentley differentiate ferrous from non-ferrous targets. Now I can only tell you where we have had DIVs in the past in an around Culpeper county. If you are hunting other areas in VA that are mineralized, I can't tell you if your Deus will work. At DIVs, I use my Deus for searching dirt that I remove from trash pits or huts. Once the dirt is removed from a hole and spread out some, the Deus will work with some modifications.

stumpr said:
Are you specifically hunting in Culpeper at Digging in VA (DIV) events? If so, your Deus won't work well. Yes, in the Gold Field program, you can hear targets but the VDI isn't going to work and your auditory signal will sound the same for ferrous and non-ferrous targets. First generation pulse machines (Whites TDI and Garrett Infinium) go deeper in mineralized ground but also suffer in their capability to consistentley differentiate ferrous from non-ferrous targets. Now I can only tell you where we have had DIVs in the past in an around Culpeper county. If you are hunting other areas in VA that are mineralized, I can't tell you if your Deus will work. At DIVs, I use my Deus for searching dirt that I remove from trash pits or huts. Once the dirt is removed from a hole and spread out some, the Deus will work with some modifications.
Thank you! I will be hunting in w. Virginia. I will be using the ground notch to see if that helps. I am also attending the deus boot camp and will be talking with Andy Sabicsh about more details.