Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DEUS Stand

HuntinDog

Hi all fellow Deus owners.
One of the main complaints I had with my Deus is when I put it down to retrieve my target my Deus would roll down the hill or would be setting in the mud!
Well I designed a non-permanent stand for my Machine. Cost about $5 and is easy to build out of PVC.
If the pictures post as I've played them out...
The first picture is the pieces needed. The only "odd" piece is you need a 3/4 X 3/4 x 1/2 T.
The second picture is the parts set out for assembly. You will need to cut the 3/4" slot to the 3/4 x 3/4 x 1/2 T and cut off the 3/8" of both T's before you glue the parts.
The third picture is the parts glued up with the 3/4" cut out and all of the notches for the zip ties.
The forth picture shows the notches and slot cut in the T to hold the zip ties. The slot is so the pipe will compress around the shaft of the handle.
The fifth picture is my stand mounted. I also put some of that non-skid bumpy rubber stuff you put in your RV shelves in the belly of the T to help it to not slip around.
I hope this all makes sense and helps out.
I know it has worked great for me.
Ok so it looks like the pictures are moved around a bit, but I'm sure you get the idea. HH

Hi
couldn't be more agree with you, the Deus likes to roll everywhere, even in France, I noticed the same thing and it could be very annoying, so thx for the tip, nice "bricolage" ;)

I let mine seek its own position , its smarter and tougher than me, besides I like the 2 # without adding weight. 3 j

For a 2 grand detector you would think that someone would have set it on the ground and see that the base of the grip rest on the ground, not them lil feet and fix it........

Great Idea,

Jim

I used to struggle with my deus rolling over!

Then I discovered that if the coil was loosened up a bit so that when I set the detector down the coil is able to swivel and stay face down. NO MORE TIPPING!
This also helps preserve ground tracking if your using "tracking"
Tip: if the coil seams to stick or not pivot smoothly, use a little armour-all or sun of a gun type product (my favorite is turtle wax f-21, non greasy, cleans, and prevents dirt and dust build up making future cleaning faster) get a-little on rubber coil washers and it will operate very smoothly.

Foot hill said:

Then I discovered that if the coil was loosened up a bit so that when I set the detector down the coil is able to swivel and stay face down. NO MORE TIPPING!
Tip: if the coil seams to stick or not pivot smoothly, use a little armour-all or sun of a gun type product (my favorite is turtle wax f-21, non greasy, cleans, and prevents dirt and dust build up making future cleaning faster) get a-little on rubber coil washers and it will operate very smoothly.

For me tipping is not the issue, the issue is it resting on the base of the grip, not the little feet, thus a stand is needed.....

Jim

Sleepyjim said:
Foot hill said:

For me tipping is not the issue, the issue is it resting on the base of the grip, not the little feet, thus a stand is needed.....

Jim
What's wrong with it resting on the base of the grip?

I am picky and think it should rest on the feet like god intended......

LOL it is a design flaw, if it was intended to rest on the grip base, why not put a foot or something there and not the 2 usless legs under the are cuff?

Also, pretty dang good that all I can complain about is dirt on my grip base!

Jim